Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 55 of 113 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

Default Re: PA Counties locked down

Everyone is acting like its a simple choice between:

1) Immediately go back to life as it was on 1/1/20 while standing in the Walmart parking lot reciting the speech from Braveheart.

or

2) Quit doing anything at all and stay at home cowering in fear while watching Anderson Cooper 24/7 and sucking a nitrile-gloved thumb.

We are learning more about this virus everyday, and little credible information has come from ANY government agency. First, we were told this was nothing to worry about. It very quickly transitioned into a slight problem. Then it was a pandemic and we were effectively locked in our homes, except those of us deemed worthy of sacrificing ourselves for the greater good. We put millions of Americans out of work under the auspice of saving hundreds of thousands of lives, and maybe it worked.

We were first told that nobody should wear a mask as they do absolutely nothing. Then we were ordered that nobody should buy a mask because they apparently only protect those who wear scrubs for a living. Then that it was unscrupulous to even own one for your own use because no organization in this country could be bothered to have a few stockpiled just in case. Then suddenly overnight, everyone should have a mask, and soon after that you couldn't leave home without one.

In the months since, we came to realize that the virus is probably 10% as deadly as we first thought. We came to realize that simply touching a can of green beans wasn't going to send us to the local ICU. We came to realize that if you have been at home for three months, you haven't been able to infect anyone for at least two.

So America is catching on that the government is useless in this situation and the rest of you have realized you were always on your own. The government can only make a situation worse. We are collectively angry that they talked us out of buying that pack of N95 masks in March. We are angry that they forced our boss to furlough us, we are three months behind on our bills and another $10k in debt.

All that being said, why is wearing a mask such a big deal? I started wearing one to go shopping the first day I personally decided this was a problem back in early March. Yes, I got some strange looks, but mostly people told me they wish they had one to wear, or were allowed to wear at work. Yes, I have a few N95 masks and I saved them for my family. I bought them ten years ago and I'm glad I did.

Maybe a mask wont do a thing for me. Heck, I know a family that was saved by NOT wearing their seat belts, but I still buckle up every time I get in a car and will continue to do so. I lock my doors at night, have security cameras and a LTCF, although I will probably never need those either.

If I wear a mask, and wash my hands more than I used to, does that mean tyranny wins? No - Fighting tyranny means doing what you think is best, not just blindly contradicting those in power.

The stores that suggest or require masks are not part of some great conspiracy to deprive you of your rights. Nobody is quite sure what to do in this instance. Everyone is making it up as they go along, trying to do the best they can for those they are responsible for. If you choose not to enter a store that requires masks, that is your right, just like it is mine to mask up and go about my business.

Who knows, in a few weeks the experts might decide that wearing a traffic cone on you head prevents this disease. I'm just glad I stocked up on those a few years back...

(Luzerne County)

The thing that makes me realize this is all a planned plot is because the media don’t do journalism anymore. They just repeat a narrative they are given. They all use the same catch phrases and they all go hard on Potus and make fun of him and have nothing good to say even when he does great things. That’s my first realization. You can’t demonize an individual over everything he says or does. Why wasn’t the media hard on Barry? Everything was roses and sunshine while he droned how many countries and gets a peace prize? Trump stops wars and hasn’t had a significant event like that since he’s been in office.
    I’m trying to be short with this... these are just 2 simple reasons in my mind. The other is, if you’re going to make it mandatory to go into a store with a mask, or go outside in the fresh air, why isn’t is a registered mask that is known to stop the spread of a virus? They want you to cover your face like we’re some group out of the Middle East. Do you really think that gangster bandana around your face is saving lives and blocking a deadly disease? Virus are super small and can enter through your eyes as well. If your bandana is so effective why aren’t doctors using them? Seriously. If this was a serious pandemic you wouldn’t be able to make your own virus blocking mask at home out of an old T-shirt.
    And now they’ve said it can’t spread easily on surfaces. Wake up. There’s a bigger plot behind all of it. It’s totally about the election this year and not about our safety. There’s more to the story and I believe they let you think that what they want is so outrageous it just can’t be true. But it is. B Gates wants us all to get a vax that has a tracking system built in. Why? Why are states trying to impose traceability. Iys no ones business who I know. Why does he have a vax that will make people not want to follow religion? That’s actually true. Who would think that in 2020 we wouldn’t be able to go out to eat or hang with friends at a bar or on a beach or where ever because the local government said we can’t? Who wouldn’t thought that other governors would stop you from buying seeds for a garden but let you go to the state run liquor store? This is out of a science fiction movie. It’s like the hunger games on real life. If you follow the money it all leads to the same handful of people and same bloodline families it always leads to.

Wearing a mask in my opinion is bowing down to tyranny because it’s all bullshit. Wear a mask, dont wear a mask. It spreads on surfaces it doesn’t spread on surfaces. It’ll kill everyone! It’s joy that deadly ...Trump mentions medications and ways to kill the virus and the media goes nuts and bashed him. If Barry mentioned stuff like that during h1n1 everyone would tout him as a genius looking out for the people. The funny part about it is that Trump was right all along. They can get disinfectant in you via ultra violet lighting and the drug he mentioned is safe, has been used for 60 plus years and other countries used it military uses it. We should all be pissed at the people who made this man made virus and the people that funded it not our president.
    Sorry. I got on a rant. Everyone has their own opinion. That’s part of mine.

Im not wearing a mask or condoning wearing one because anyone told me to. I feel it can’t hurt, that I am on my own and wearing a mask, the best one I have, is my best defense for now. And at least for now I don’t look so strange doing it.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    Everyone is acting like its a simple choice between:

1) Immediately go back to life as it was on 1/1/20 while standing in the Walmart parking lot reciting the speech from Braveheart.

or

2) Quit doing anything at all and stay at home cowering in fear while watching Anderson Cooper 24/7 and sucking a nitrile-gloved thumb.
    Be sure that's a thumb with Cooper around............................................ .

(Butler County)

I feel it can’t hurt, that I am on my own and wearing a mask, the best one I have, is my best defense for now.
    That's completely fine and your choice, but it's not any defense for YOU. Only those around you, supposedly.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    That's completely fine and your choice, but it's not any defense for YOU. Only those around you, supposedly.
    My mask protects you and your mask protects me, according to the tranny.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Well if masks don’t protect ME, then I assume that in hospitals only those patients who are Covid positive are wearing masks, and the staff are not?

Again, regardless of what the waste of space health officials tell me, common sense says that a N95 mask is better protection than nothing.

(Erie County)

Well if masks don’t protect ME, then I assume that in hospitals only those patients who are Covid positive are wearing masks, and the staff are not?

Again, regardless of what the waste of space health officials tell me, common sense says that a N95 mask is better protection than nothing.
    But nobody is wearing N95 masks, outside of hospitals. At least very few. Most are wearing frigging bandanas. Decorations.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    My mask protects you and your mask protects me, according to the tranny.
    I think the proper expression is:

Your mask makes me "feel good" and my mask makes you "feel good".

Feeling Good is the ultimate solution to most problems (for snowflakes).

(Berks County)

1) I have a perfectly acceptable N95 mask that I use when I have to and I feel like a loser when I wear it. It has a flapper exhaust valve on the front of it so IF it's protecting anyone, it's protecting me, not you or anyone else. 2) Common sense? IMO the common sense is comparing using any of these masks to filter out the chirus to using a chain link fence to keep bees out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    I think the proper expression is:

Your mask makes me "feel good" and my mask makes you "feel good".

Feeling Good is the ultimate solution to most problems (for snowflakes).

So far nobody has proven this to be wrong.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 55 of 113 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast