Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

Oh how I miss standing in line to pay $5-10 to be disarmed , rub elbows , butts and bellies with fat smelly people and have hucksters shove over-priced Chinese knives and AR accessories in my face.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Philadelphia County)

....sounds like somebody has had enough of going to the shows and won't be returning whenever they start back.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Last edited by kobsw; June 3rd, 2020 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kobsw View Post
    I NEVER disarm at those shows, just walk in like you own the joint.

As far as everything else you've described, yup it's very accurate... I still love them though The shows that is..., Regards, Kobsw
    Yes sir. It’s called “Concealed Carry” for a reason. My business. But I usually have one or two handguns with me that I look to trade. So I let them zip tied those

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    Maybe if they sold admission tickets ahead of time? With set timestamps as to when you can get in? Seriously… It would be a slow process but it would avoid crowds and at least get something going. Just a pipe dream right now
    You can have my ticket.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    You can have my ticket.
    C’mon.....you don’t miss the constant stun gun noise and turbanhead guys selling crap knives?
    I miss the smaller shows. The VFW & Masonic Temple deals. You can gander for 30 minutes and only $3 admission.
    I always find something of interest. Whether it be an old buck knife from the 80s, WW2 theater knife and maybe an older shotgun to Bring back to life.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    You can have my ticket.
    We may be able to scalp them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Mifflin County)

I just looked at eagle arms gunshow website . It is now showing gunshows for June . Boomsburg and Gettysburg !!

(York County)

there are lots of outcomes and possibilities for shows. none of which seem good, or would benefit dealers very much. you would need to limit the number of people in the show (both patrons and sellers). so, you space the dealer tables out, and limit the number of dealers that will be at the show. I doubt promoters will be jurying the show, so expect to have gun dealers turned away while Chinese knife, jewelry, bath fitter, etc. may be there instead. the "buyers" would then be paying the same admission or more, to get into a show with less stuff there. the dealers that are getting tables, will be paying high table rent (probably higher than before) for a fraction of the foot traffic then before. dealers will either need to raise prices or sell in volume to stay alive and turn a profit. keep in mind, there will still be the guys who bring a damn cell phone to the show and try to price match internet sites to the tables in front of them. but, I can tell you that as a dealer myself, things are not out there for us to buy! our distributers are sold out of most of their inventory and some makers 95% of the inventory hasn't been available for weeks. distributers are finally catching up on shipping (lead times are down to about a week or so now) but you guys would be shocked by the "out of stock" and "Qty:0" listings on distributer websites.

as for social distancing....expect it to be in full swing and for it to be regulated and maintained at all times. if the police are out there shutting down barbers and restaurants for not being able to comply....they will surely do it to a gun show. when things do get back up and running (and I don't see that happening for a long time) please do all of us and yourselves a favor....just wear the mask and don't bitch about it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    there are lots of outcomes and possibilities for shows. none of which seem good, or would benefit dealers very much. you would need to limit the number of people in the show (both patrons and sellers). so, you space the dealer tables out, and limit the number of dealers that will be at the show. I doubt promoters will be jurying the show, so expect to have gun dealers turned away while Chinese knife, jewelry, bath fitter, etc. may be there instead. the "buyers" would then be paying the same admission or more, to get into a show with less stuff there. the dealers that are getting tables, will be paying high table rent (probably higher than before) for a fraction of the foot traffic then before. dealers will either need to raise prices or sell in volume to stay alive and turn a profit. keep in mind, there will still be the guys who bring a damn cell phone to the show and try to price match internet sites to the tables in front of them. but, I can tell you that as a dealer myself, things are not out there for us to buy! our distributers are sold out of most of their inventory and some makers 95% of the inventory hasn't been available for weeks. distributers are finally catching up on shipping (lead times are down to about a week or so now) but you guys would be shocked by the "out of stock" and "Qty:0" listings on distributer websites.

as for social distancing....expect it to be in full swing and for it to be regulated and maintained at all times. if the police are out there shutting down barbers and restaurants for not being able to comply....they will surely do it to a gun show. when things do get back up and running (and I don't see that happening for a long time) please do all of us and yourselves a favor....just wear the mask and don't bitch about it.
    I know it's not you doing it but this bullshit is all bullshit. How 'bout sign out front that says, "Enter at your own risk", and leave it at that. Is it really going to take a war to solve this problem?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast