Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

I bet we all have a story like that. We just don’t realize because of the time lapses. I go to a lot of antique firearms shows myself and some of these old codgers won’t cut any deals. They think they have gold. I know it’s going to be tough for me to sell my antique firearms collection someday. The key is not holding onto it until you’re 80. And if younger people are interested, it’s better to cut a deal now then wait until you really need the money and can’t sell it for a decent price. I personally plan to have an auction house so my entire collection when I’m 65. Hopefully I’ll be sitting in the audience with a good attitude

(Chester County)

If anyone tries that line with Indian River Collectibles, please let us know how that goes. Anyone who's been to the Oaks shows has seen them - older guy and his wife with a huge collection of high end guns, no price tags. They're usually right near the entrance.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1255 View Post
    If anyone tries that line with Indian River Collectibles, please let us know how that goes. Anyone who's been to the Oaks shows has seen them - older guy and his wife with a huge collection of high end guns, no price tags. They're usually right near the entrance.
    He is one guy who is likely going to go the estate sale route, but it is an interesting collection to look at.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

I miss the ability to hold an accessory in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers for evaluation. eBay sellers seem to think a muzzle brake for a 6.5 has to be able to also accommodate a Howitzer.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Imagine if gun shows and auctions were allowed to be open. Social distancing, masks, gloves whatever. These guys would be raking in the $$$ Many of the vendors have to be seriously depressed they are missing this market. Hopefully they are making a go at it with internet sales, word of mouth, who knows.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    I bet we all have a story like that. We just don’t realize because of the time lapses. I go to a lot of antique firearms shows myself and some of these old codgers won’t cut any deals. They think they have gold. I know it’s going to be tough for me to sell my antique firearms collection someday. The key is not holding onto it until you’re 80. And if younger people are interested, it’s better to cut a deal now then wait until you really need the money and can’t sell it for a decent price. I personally plan to have an auction house so my entire collection when I’m 65. Hopefully I’ll be sitting in the audience with a good attitude
    I have been to a few firearms auctions lately. The prices that are being had are maddening! Used Glocks getting $400, used Remington 870 Expresses getting $300 and so on. Sellers have to be doing pretty good auctoning their collections.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I miss them but it's not killing me, I feel as though I'm good for now. I expect gun show tables to look like grocery store shelves when they fire back up and I'll probably pass on going to them.

YOU LIE! Meet at the usual spot for the next Oaks show?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    I have been to a few firearms auctions lately. The prices that are being had are maddening! Used Glocks getting $400, used Remington 870 Expresses getting $300 and so on. Sellers have to be doing pretty good auctoning their collections.
    You mean like this past weekends Alderfer auction? Here are the results, but remember to add 20% premium and 6% sales tax so a $200 bid is really $252 in real money. Plus Registration Fees: A $9 per gun transaction fee will be assessed for gun registration; $7 per gun transaction fee thereafter which is in addition to the total purchase price.

https://bid.alderferauction.com/bid/48887?section=items
    https://bid.alderferauction.com/bid/48890?section=items
    Last edited by gghbi; April 10th, 2020 at 10:26 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    Imagine if gun shows and auctions were allowed to be open. Social distancing, masks, gloves whatever. These guys would be raking in the $$$ Many of the vendors have to be seriously depressed they are missing this market. Hopefully they are making a go at it with internet sales, word of mouth, who knows.
    actually we would only be making money at the first show. our distributers are sold out of most items and some have even closed down for business for a few weeks. almost all of them are raising prices and guns that cost us $300 last month now cost us $420. I imagine the first show that opens up a after all of this virus stuff will be full of people bitching about the new prices, and "I should have bought this on the internet". I don't know how the market will be in a few months but I can tell you this ONLY thing selling right now are handguns and cheap shot guns. ARs and other rifles aren't moving, uppers, lowers, etc aren't moving either. I've tried selling on here (waste of time as always) and haven't sold anything through this site. Ive sold lots of things on other sites, but I've usually done better at shows before all of this.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    You mean like this past weekends Alderfer auction? Here are the results, but remember to add 20% premium and 6% sales tax so a $200 bid is really $252 in real money. Plus Registration Fees: A $9 per gun transaction fee will be assessed for gun registration; $7 per gun transaction fee thereafter which is in addition to the total purchase price.

https://bid.alderferauction.com/bid/48887?section=items
    https://bid.alderferauction.com/bid/48890?section=items
    I put bids in on several things at that auction that I could have used but I posted my highest bid and turned the page. In the end all of the stuff I bid on went for more than I was willing to pay so that's that. I didn't bother to look at the items I liked but was not even going to bid on, I'm confident that they went for outrageous prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    actually we would only be making money at the first show. our distributers are sold out of most items and some have even closed down for business for a few weeks. almost all of them are raising prices and guns that cost us $300 last month now cost us $420. I imagine the first show that opens up a after all of this virus stuff will be full of people bitching about the new prices, and "I should have bought this on the internet". I don't know how the market will be in a few months but I can tell you this ONLY thing selling right now are handguns and cheap shot guns. ARs and other rifles aren't moving, uppers, lowers, etc aren't moving either. I've tried selling on here (waste of time as always) and haven't sold anything through this site. Ive sold lots of things on other sites, but I've usually done better at shows before all of this.
    I buy more of my stuff through this site than I do most anywhere else and I'm still buying at reasonable prices.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast