Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Default Re: Other lawful purpose case....

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    PCN occasionally shows PA Superior and Supreme court proceedings. I often see a month delay though from proceeding versus airing.
    So this would be the hearing prior tothe fundraising.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    So this would be the hearing prior tothe fundraising.
    The fundraising has been happening all along. This is the proceeding that Josh argued a couple weeks ago.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The fundraising has been happening all along. This is the proceeding that Josh argued a couple weeks ago.
    You can find the ruling from the original appeal here:http://caselaw.findlaw.com/pa-superi...t/1741146.html
    (it was decided: July 06, 2016 before Judges MUNDY, J.; DUBOW, J.; and STRASSBURGER, J.)

On further appeal, the previous ruling was vacated and a rehearing was granted for an en banc panel - This time the judges were: John T. Bender (President Judge Emeritus); Mary Jane Bowes; Jack A. Panella; Anne E. Lazarus; Paula Francisco Ott; Victor P. Stabile; Alice B. Dubow; Geoffrey Moulton and Lillian Harris Ransom

The case was argued on December 13, 2016 by Joshua Prince of Prince Law Offices.

We are awaiting a ruling by that en banc Superior Court panel.

You can find the current docket information here: https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docket...=1114+MDA+2015

Based on the appeal in the attorney's blog ((Prince Law Offices)) that the defendent "is not in a position to fund this litigation" and on the fact that I believe such defenses are beneficial to all of us interested in a positive establishment regarding "the other lawful purpose" defense clause of 912(c), I reiterated here that "Mr. Goslin would greatly appreciate donations" to his attorneys in this matter.

You may still contribute financially to the cause (should you want to, use the link above) even though the case has already been argued and we are awaiting a new ruling by the Superior Court. The members of this forum have contributed to other cases in the past as they saw fit, usually recognizing that the outcome of an individual case will be applicable to many other people, or that the defendent was a victim of justice gone awry.

I hope that clears up the status of the case and the circumstances for donating...

Last edited by ImminentDanger; December 27th, 2016 at 10:38 PM.

looks like the superior court session is at 7:30pm on the 5th on PCN.
    https://pcntv.com/schedule/?d=8
    on the 4th at 7pm and on 5th at 3:40am, 9am and 2:25pm are commonwealth cases.

Edit: they're going to free stream the butter sculpture... the court cases should be free streamed like cspan, which now needs a cable subscription to watch live. didn't during debates. :/
    bet i can stream the kardashians free... but nothing relevant or intelligent.

(Indiana County)

The court session was on today, Friday, starting at Noon on PCNC (Comcast). The hearing didn't occur until the 2'40" mark (I recorded the entire program and just fast-forwarded until that specific case came up). The Commonwealth's attorney did receive a severe battery about the head and shoulders from the learned justices.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    The court session was on today, Friday, starting at Noon on PCNC (Comcast). The hearing didn't occur until the 2'40" mark (I recorded the entire program and just fast-forwarded until that specific case came up). The Commonwealth's attorney did receive a severe battery about the head and shoulders from the learned justices.
    crap... i forgot about it. was trying to relight the coal stove anyway. will have to find "other sources" and watch it.

(Delaware County)

The Commonwealth's attorney did receive a severe battery about the head and shoulders from the learned justices.
    This sounds positive...

So was there a ruling? What is the next step?

I cant seem to find any video of the session on PCN's website or on youtube. If anyone who recorded is able to post it that would be awesome.
    will that extra 15% matter? not as much as being able to put one in their face. ~Edg

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by jpg5080 View Post
    So was there a ruling? What is the next step?
    The ruling has yet to be made. I'm sure we'll hear about it when it comes out.

I cant seem to find any video of the session on PCN's website or on youtube. If anyone who recorded is able to post it that would be awesome.
    You can watch it on the PCNTV.com website on their PCN Select. On the main page type in "court" and the December 13th session listing will pop up. To watch it, however, you have to subscribe to PCN Select ($34.99 a year).

The ruling has yet to be made. I'm sure we'll hear about it when it comes out.

You can watch it on the PCNTV.com website on their PCN Select. On the main page type in "court" and the December 13th session listing will pop up. To watch it, however, you have to subscribe to PCN Select ($34.99 a year).
    Yep... Or like $13 a day. Only way ifound so far.
    Maybe the court can be asked for video? Or maybe ill just buy the year... I do enjoy their tours

Edit: looks like re-airing sunday 15th? at 10pm, might want to check their schedule to confirm.
    Edit: seeing the judges grill the commonwealth representative was something i did not think i'd see. looks promising. especially with him floundering.
    Last edited by fallenleader; January 16th, 2017 at 02:09 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678