Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Mag capacity in Philly

Did Philly just inact a new "law" on magazine capacity within the city limits?
    does anyone have information on this? I carry 12 + 1 everyday in the city and probably will continue to do so regardless. But I would like to know where I stand if and when I run into a situation with one of Philly's finest.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Mag capacity in Philly

>sigh<

philly cannot enact any laws that aren't already laws. the only difference between philly and the rest of PA (besides clean air) is that you need a LTCF to carry openly as well as concealed. no hi cap limits, no assault weapon ban, no nothing.

(Chester County)

Personally I wouldn't give a crap about their illegal laws. The Philly DA has already said in the media that she can't prosecute any of the "new" gun laws the Philly govt. passed.

Judge lifts injunction on 3 of 5 Philadelphia gun laws
    The Associated Press
    Article Launched: 06/04/2008 06:52:22 AM EDT

PHILADELPHIA—A judge has lifted an injunction on three of five gun laws passed by Philadelphia.

Judge Jane Greenspan says her injunction against two of the recently passed local gun control laws will become permanent.

The judge ruled Tuesday in response to a National Rifle Association lawsuit. Philadelphia City Solicitor Shelley Smith says she expects the legal battle will go to the state Supreme Court.

Greenspan says the city may enforce three of the laws. Those make it a crime not to report a lost or stolen gun within 48 hours, allow police to confiscate guns from people considered a danger, and bar gun possession by people subject to protection-from-abuse orders.

The city is still barred from enforcing a one-a-month limit on handgun purchases, and a ban on semiautomatic weapons with clips holding 10 or more rounds.
    http://ydr.inyork.com/ci_9475084

There's that farking "C" word again.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Franklin County)

Agreed. This was part of their original package of proposals. I believe only five were actually signed by the mayor, and those are still being argued about in court. Here's the best info I could find on the original proposed mag limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisBickle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrody View Post
    I think this is it, bottom of page 2 refers to semi-auto centerfire rifles with fixed magazines over 10 rounds.
    http://webapps.phila.gov/council/attachments/4748.pdf
    The 10 round limit applies only to fixed magazines (SKS, for example). ANY semi-auto capable of accepting a detachable magazine is an assault weapon if it has any one additional feature that they list in the bill.

Posession of any magazine over 16 rounds is a violation of the Philly AWB. Blocking off your G17 mags to accept only 16 rounds will not fly, either - they have to be permanently altered in such a way that they cannot be readily restored to their original capacity. Funny how the news reports are telling us that it's 10 rounds!

No worries here - all of my bullet hoses were lost in a tragic boating accident (before I was required to report them lost...).
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lancaster County)

Screw Philly's illegal laws. If they want a law suit then they will just have to go ahead and prosecute me.

(Montgomery County)

Considering even someone like Abraham is saying there is no way she is going to prosecute for these things, I dont think anyone has anything to worry about...

(York County)

Just ignore anything that comes out of Philly. The inmates are running the asylum. They have decided to make the city the laughing stock of the state.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    Just ignore anything that comes out of Philly. The inmates are running the asylum. They have decided to make the city the laughing stock of the state.
    You mean it wasn't already?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    Personally I wouldn't give a crap about their illegal laws. The Philly DA has already said in the media that she can't prosecute any of the "new" gun laws the Philly govt. passed.

http://ydr.inyork.com/ci_9475084

There's that farking "C" word again.

Wait till Oslama gets in. We'll be lucky if chambered rounds are going to be legal.