Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: heritage guild

Default Re: heritage guild

I've been in Heritage Guild a couple of times. Nice store, for the most part the employees seem ok.

Prices seem to be a somewhat higher for a lot of things though. There was a Dan Wesson Heritage there was I looking at that priced about $100.00 more than what I saw at my favorite LGS. Not sure how they are about people making offers, but I probably would not let that price difference dissuade me from buying something there if it was not available elsewhere locally.

(Northampton County)

Exclamation Re: heritage guild

I fully agree with "Vonclausen". My experiences with Heritage Guild in Easton have been lousy. Rude, arrogant, obnoxious, incompetent and ignorant staff have permanently driven me away from there. There was one older gentleman knowledgeable in 45's and only works a couple of days per week who was the exception to the three jackwagons I interacted with behind the counter. To be fair, the manager was helpful but he has limited availability. Never again will I go through those doors unless absolute necessity requires it. I have since driven as much as 1 hour and 20 minutes each way in order to never again deal with Heritage Guild.

(Northampton County)

I think I've been there twice. Both times I was treated well and the staff was helpful and attentive. One big dude seemed a little hyper but I can tolerate a lot.

The customers were all dorks from Jersey. I'm talking actual dorks. They nearly had to herd these idiots like kindergartners on a class trip to keep them from getting lost or hurting themselves. If I had to work in that environment I would get a bad attitude myself.

BTW, not defending them. I'm not comfortable with some of the people that bankrolled the business and it's clearly designed to service NJ residents with astronomical range fees. But I went in there with a bad attitude and had to admit it is a pretty nice range and shop. If overpriced.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by frabor68 View Post
    I can't believe I'm actually writing this, but their customer service was worse that Whitehall Army Navy. Prices were high and attitudes were bad. Probably won't be ever going there again.
    I stopped in last night to pick up an Anderson stripped lower they had on sale for $59. There were eight salesman standing around behind the counter. I made eye contact with most of them and not one asked if I needed help. I stood at the counter for 10 minutes before leaving.

(Philadelphia County)

Was at Heritage a few months ago while up in Easton for an event. Stopped in, got stuck looking at a lot of different .45s Prices were okay, not jaw dropping low but not absurd. Selection was great though. Had an awesome selection of used and C&R guns, ended up returning the same weekend for a Enfield Mk1* which was in great shape. Staff was friendly, was asked consistently if I needed anything while I was looking at the racks. I'll be stopping in again.
    FYI Sarco and Weyebacher Brewing are all within about block of each other so it's rapidly becoming one of my favorite areas for a weekend trip.

(Lehigh County)

I've been going to Heritage Guild for almost 2 years now. Have never had a problem there, good classes, Tuesday is Ladies Day. Yes there are a lot of Jersey-ites but I suppose they need someplace to shoot, too.

(Lehigh County)

I am at heritage guild all the time. I deal with Bill and Preston when I go and they are great guys. They know there stuff and as was previously stated great selection and good price.

I always go in there just to see the selection and I have bought a couple guns there. The used prices can be negotiated a little. They have a lot of hard to find items there. I have had my eye on an H&K P2000SK that has been sitting in the used case for months.
    "Glocks are 5 times as addictive as crack"

Was just up there earlier today to pick up a gun...

Really my only complaint is that the prices on new firearms are high and they will not budge from their prices(from what I can tell most are priced at around $100.00 more than the internet and local competitors), but the selection there is huge which is a plus and the sales staff was fairly friendly.

I overpaid for the firearm I bought, but am ok with that as no other stores local to me had this item (Sig MPX), and since I'm off from work this week I wanted to bring it home today so I could get some range time with it before I go back to work next week, once that happens it will probably be another two months before I am able to hit the range again.

I was also disappointed to see that they no longer offer free range passes with the purchase of a firearm.

It is highly unlikely that I will buy from them again though, as their prices are just too friggin high....
    Last edited by glocke12; June 16th, 2015 at 03:54 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234