Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Marines Had To Disable Rifles

Was tin foil on sale at the grocery store this week?

This is not unusual at all and I can assure you that it's been going on since long before Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Why'd you have to do that? It there's no ammo there's no issue.

Hell, when I deployed I had my 7" knife in my assault pack in the overhead.
    Marching in parades, color guard, drill and ceremony stuff off post we always had to pull the firing pins. On base we always left them in.

Flying out on a civilian transport with a rifle seemed to vary for me, once I had a fully assembled and functional m4 and m9 on my person, another time all guns were under the plane, and yet another bcg's got tagged and locked up while we carried the guns

Wonder if protocol varies by aircraft company, or if policies change based on command

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    We left out of our airfield on a commercal plane, platoon sergeants checked their guys before we got on the plane.

And nice shot at the Army, I guess the Marine Corps are exempt from having stupid people in their ranks also?
    I had the honor of being in the army and serving closely with marines, airforce and navy personnel. I assure you each and every service has its share of shit bags, high speed and everything in between.

But what the Hell is up with airforce women, seems to be a disproportionate amount of hotties in blue

(Luzerne County)

I was on a fuel truck protection detail guarding the fuel truck that fueled up Air Force One,when GB 43 came to Scranton a few years back. We had Condition 1 rifles with orders to let nobody near the plane. We were no more than 50 yards away from POTUS. I guess Obama doesn't have the same amount of trust in the Marines.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bagman29 View Post
    I was on a fuel truck protection detail guarding the fuel truck that fueled up Air Force One,when GB 43 came to Scranton a few years back. We had Condition 1 rifles with orders to let nobody near the plane. We were no more than 50 yards away from POTUS. I guess Obama doesn't have the same amount of trust in the Marines.
    Or, people on protection detail have loaded rifles and people in parades do not.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepin View Post
    I had the honor of being in the army and serving closely with marines, airforce and navy personnel. I assure you each and every service has its share of shit bags, high speed and everything in between.

But what the Hell is up with airforce women, seems to be a disproportionate amount of hotties in blue
    That's pretty much what I was getting at.

And I think 90% of the fine military females must go to the AF or something, it is very strange :P
    -Ben

(Philadelphia County)

"Et tu, Brute?", The fact that the rifles are disabled doesn't surprise me. The fact that the rifles were not disabled in a discrete way does. Th firing pins could have been removed, or special rifles with plugged barrels could have been used. In this case the bolts were removed publicly showing that the marines had their rifles emasculated. This would also enable the secret service to visually check from a distance that no fireable rifles were present in case someone wanted to slip one in. After all remember how the assassination of Anwar Sadat took place when he infuriated members of the Egyptian military.

(Montgomery County)

Since Sadat, no one anywhere that employs the pomp and ceremony parade is risking it..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123