Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 236 of 247 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2461
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: SEPTEMBER PAFOA Group Shoot! Sun, Sept 9th @ 9am. All WELCOME!

Quote Originally Posted by pitt45GAP View Post
    Well since 27 hand has figured out it was 7.62X39 that narrows down the possibility of rifles to 3 models AK clones, SKS clones, and Ruger Mini 30's. I was at the main range most the day. I saw no person shooting those types of rifles except in lanes 1-4 (the proper lanes) which means the only way that person coul have done it was by aiming 30 to 45 degrees right.... Oh well its over, thank god no one was hurt by either strays by firing that far off the backstop and that there were no riccochets.

I am probably going to take an RSO class when one becomes available. 1st because i believe it will make me more safe, and second I dont think its fair to have the same guys ROing the shoots, I am sure they would love some trigger time.

I know they will try to not accept it, but I think all of us who come to these shoots should get together add an extra 5 bucks and get these RO's a gift card to somewhere like Gander.
    I took a .45 slug in the belly while standing at our table beside the registration tent...it stung like hell and did draw a spot of blood, but not a major issue. I saw it coming too, it deflected off a steel target at maybe 45 deg, sailed between 2 other people and caught me right in the gut! (Lucky I have some extra padding! LOL) The bullet caught the light as it was coming at me, that's how I was able to see it. I now have a souvenir slug for show...hopefully that was the only bullet out there with my name on it!

A ricochet won't make me quit coming to shoots, though...but I do think steel is a little risky to shoot at. I totally appreciate 27Hand's effort, but I for one. wouldn't be sad if there was no steel at the next shoot.

BTW...the remix is almooooost done! Stay tuned!!

(Allegheny County)

It's pretty important that steel targets are hardened to 500 Brinnel, and mounted on something that allows give, such as a swinger or spring. The safest steel targets are swingers that are also angled back some degree so that ricochet or splash goes into ground.

I caught splash right under my lower lip from an improperly hardened rifle target about a year ago.

There are high-density "rubber" target facings available which will reduce the chance of splash or ricochet to almost zero.

Maybe the fund could go toward purchasing some of them - they're not too expensive and I'd hate to see shooting steel go anywhere. For a large shoot like this steel is essential for the immediate feedback it provides the shooter and the lack of needing to tape the targets is a real plus to keep things moving.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by pitt45GAP View Post
    I am probably going to take an RSO class when one becomes available. 1st because i believe it will make me more safe, and second I dont think its fair to have the same guys ROing the shoots, I am sure they would love some trigger time.
    I really recommend Bill Chessman's NRA RO class. It is only one day, and you will come out of it a more aware, safer shooter. Keep an eye on the PMSC forum for when the next one will be held. Koli01 and I took the class together. It is not as extensive as the USPSA RO class (which I did not take), but unless you want to RO IPSC tournaments, it, along with experience will make you a very good range officer. I have learned 10% of what I know about ROing from the class and the rest from SteveD and other guys like Lycanthrope.

One other note about being an RO. You do not need to be certified to be an RO at a Poofa shoot. Many have expressed interest on the forum in ROing, but have not approached me at the shoots. It is really just a matter of enforcing the range rules and having a medium level of expertise with firearms so that you can help people with jams and the like. You would work with an existing RO for an hour or so and then be on your own. The hardest part is that often, you have to be a dick to people who are just having a good time. You want to minimize the dick part, but in the end, there is no room for error in our sport. I would rather 100 people walk off my range thinking I'm a dick than 99 people walk of the range thinking I am a cool guy and 1 person get carried off the range because of an accident.

Plus, chicks love.....I mean most don't mind.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Somerset County)

Well, I for one am glad you stayed awake in physics class!

I personally have never had the problem, like I said, the 1911s that I shot were full mil issue (read worn out!).

So, tell me, are there any other handguns that can "suffer" from this condition? (In specific, the Ruger P-90)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsgtbob View Post
    Well, I for one am glad you stayed awake in physics class!

I personally have never had the problem, like I said, the 1911s that I shot were full mil issue (read worn out!).

So, tell me, are there any other handguns that can "suffer" from this condition? (In specific, the Ruger P-90)
    Glocks are notoriously susceptible to limp-wristing.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    Glocks are notoriously susceptible to limp-wristing.
    Good thing I don't talk with a lisp.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Shoot #7 Remix!

OK Guys...here is the Shoot #7 Remix!

http://www.jumpcut.com/view?id=6E0F3...8B000423CF037A

It is kinda long, but I think you'll enjoy it! I am also working on a special version for Lycan with a different soundtrack...it will be along soon!

I hope you enjoy the remix...Let me know how you like it!
    Last edited by RocketFoot; September 11th, 2007 at 01:16 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

New shoot thread for those counting the days!

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/shoots-ra...-1pm-pmsc.html

Quote Originally Posted by BearTitan View Post
    Next month looks like it will be a smaller shoot. I will not be able to set up because I will be hunting(and hopefully butchering) all day on Saturday. I expect there are a few of us with the same situation. Time for someone to step up and take the reigns.

Oh yeah, that someone should start a new thread. Careful, it takes a lot of effort.
    Finding it hard to keep away?

Quote Originally Posted by BearTitan View Post
    Muahahahaha! YOUR BACK!!!
    Not to worry, we will tell the deer you will come see them soon!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Finding it hard to keep away?
    I was not suggesting that I would not have involvement in the shoot. Of course I will. It's too much fun not to. Where else can I lay hands on 20 smoking hot gun babes and tell them that it is for their own safety? Posting the new shoot took no time at all. Actually, it took 73 seconds.

I will just not be able to set up on Saturday night before the shoot(unless I kill a buck before then!). I am certain that there will be plenty of help there on Sunday morning to help set up.

A few folks said that they would not be able to make it. Lucas/GG85 and 27hand/hanz/handz are the two that I remember. Byker and that crew kind of suggested that they were done until Spring.

Page 236 of 247 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast