I*ve had this pistol for several years. I first brought it home when they were newly released, before the steel frame versions came out. I had read up on them and think I probably expected too much from it. Every review hyped them up and talked about the wonderful trigger, and quite frankly, I was rather disappointed in the firearm.

Nonetheless, I originally threw a Vortex Viper on it (my first red dot) and put in time with it. I originally used one of the mounting plates that came with the gun and always felt it was too bulky, sat too high and didn*t offer any way to get a rear sight.

I eventually changed the trigger to the Apex one that*s still in it and went back to iron sights. I used it in a few competitions at the local range, and fared very well with it, but something about the gun always kept me from loving it.

I recently decided it*s sat in the safe too much and it was time to give it a second shot. I put the competition springs in there from Sprinco, ordered the C & H plate with integrated rear sight, proper height front sight and decided to give Vector optics a try. By this time I was onboard with Holosun on several of my other pistols but wanted to try something different.

I do admit that the simple spring swap does greatly improve the trigger, but can*t recommend the Vector Frenzy. The main reason is that I feel the dots simply doesn*t get bright enough. Also, when making adjustments, there are no clicks or locking tabs. I did put a painted line on both adjustment screws to see if they walk and at this point, they haven*t but it just doesn*t feel like something I can count on long term. I realize it*s considered a budget optic, but at its price point a 407 is right around the corner.

If there are any polymer framed Q5 owners reading this, I would would love to know your opinions on your own pistol, and what you have done to get it to your liking.