Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
Not that the entire issue isn't a fiasco, but since ATF has never requested a notarized Schedule A from me for any filing, so if there is no direction in the new 'regulation' that a notarized Schedule A is required, how can they demand it?
I hear you, but I also recognize that they seem to make s**t up as for any legal document, I'd rather have it notarized than not whenever possible. It may be entirely unnecessary, but having it done avoids having to rely on my word that the document was signed on a given date.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
I'm surprised no one brought up the restrictions on crossing state lines with an SBR without an approved ATF Form 5320.20. If you cross state lines frequently with your firearm I am told you can fill out the form for a year's period and just say "frequent recreational shooting trips" or something at that destination. I've only used the form for individual trips to Ohio for shooting events. They're no big deal unless you procrastinate/forget.
My 2 nearest borders are NJ and NY, so it's easy for me to remember to just leave everything home. I was stopped in the DWGNRA on the NJ side once for hiking in a closed area after hours and after seeing the PA plates, the Ranger asked if I had any weapons on me. I laughed and said "It's NJ. Abso-f**king-lutely not."