A week or two ago, I decided to drive to Lebanon (over an hour's drive away) to see what Shydas was all about. I had read many positive reviews about the gun shop here at PAFOA and from people I know that shop there, so I decided that it was worth the time (and gas) to see what they had. My objectives were to pick up some reloading supplies and see what kind of reloading equipment they had available.

As soon as I walked through the door, I was met with indifference by the staff. Maybe they were having a bad day, maybe not, but I definitely did not feel at ease as the atmosphere was uptight and I was ignored. I did notice that not many people were in the store, perhaps a half dozen, yet the gun shop was staffed by at least 7-8 sales people.

Anyway, after selecting a few items for purchase, I headed to the counter to check out. Trying to strike up a conversation about Shyda's, I learn that the guy ringing me out is apparently the manager of the gun shop (James). I found him to be quite unfriendly, borderline surly, lots of attitude and will not look you in the eye when you speak to him (goes a long way in my book).

I left Shyda's with mixed feelings; I love the gun shop itself, lots of reloading equipment and supplies, great selection of ammo and accessories and the prices for reloading stuff is really good, lower than my usual haunts. But the people that work there, especially James, well, what a huge turn-off.

Unless I absolutely cannot find something anywhere else, I probably won't return to Shydas anytime soon.