Hi- new to the site and wondering if anyone has any info or a direction to point me in.

Im from CT and my inlaws and wifes family are all from PA.
I have a CC permit in CT and see that I can get a NON-resident one here in PA...

what i was wondering is, what does this allow me to do? It should allow me to legally carry a concealed weapon when in PA, but does it allow me to purchase pistols and long guns in PA as well? Anyone know how this works?

I was visiting the Golden Trigger Gun shop yesterday and was talking to the lady there asking about buying a gun and having it shipped to my local FFL (just was feeling out the waters), she said some guns they could, others they WOULD NOT since if i purchased a firearm that was illegal in CT (like a 7.62 chambered AK), then they could be held responsible. I would guess that should fall on my FFL.

Obviously, before i purchased, i would make sure i could own it in CT, but how do all these laws work?

Id like to be able to bring a couple firearms along with me can go range shooting with my wifes cousin, and possibly purchase a few guns that are legal in CT but sometimes difficult to come by.

thanks a bunch for any input