Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: wasr 10 ak

Hybrid View

(Cumberland County)

Smile wasr 10 ak

just got one of thees in 5.45x39 single stack 10 was wondering if it can be converted to take standard mags and where can i buy mags stocks etc thanks

(Fayette County)

Default Re: wasr 10 ak

All that is required to make the double stack mags fit is to open up the mag well and the welded in guides with a dremel till the magazine fits. HOWEVER, if you do this you will have an illegal rifle. You will need to install some U.S. made parts to make it compliant. Century gets away with importing these rifles with all Romanian parts because the rifle is considered a "sporting" arm. If you modify it to take double stack it is no longer a "sporting" arm by U.S. definition. This is one of the resons why the WASR double stack rifles cost $100 more, Century has to put in new parts.

I got an AK stock from the Classified section here on PAFOA. Check there or post a WTB in there. Military Gun Supply has them and so does Classic Arms. You could get a composite from TAPCO or somewhere like that. Of course there is always GunBroker.

Oh, if its 5.45x39 it is a WASR 2. WASR 10's are 7.62x39

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash3x View Post
    All that is required to make the double stack mags fit is to open up the mag well and the welded in guides with a dremel till the magazine fits. HOWEVER, if you do this you will have an illegal rifle. You will need to install some U.S. made parts to make it compliant. Century gets away with importing these rifles with all Romanian parts because the rifle is considered a "sporting" arm. If you modify it to take double stack it is no longer a "sporting" arm by U.S. definition. This is one of the resons why the WASR double stack rifles cost $100 more, Century has to put in new parts.

I got an AK stock from the Classified section here on PAFOA. Check there or post a WTB in there. Military Gun Supply has them and so does Classic Arms. You could get a composite from TAPCO or somewhere like that. Of course there is always GunBroker.

Oh, if its 5.45x39 it is a WASR 2. WASR 10's are 7.62x39
    thanks for the info it is a wasr 2 sorry about that also can any one tell me how to ajust the sits on this gut it constantly shoots about 6 in rite of center thanks matt
    Last edited by 338winmag; April 26th, 2008 at 06:12 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by 338winmag View Post
    thanks for the info it is a wasr 2 sorry about that also can any one tell me how to adjust the sits on this gut it constantly shoots about 6 in rite of center thanks matt
    Typically windage adjustments on Aks are done by drifting the front sight post, Now I'm not 100 percent familar withe the WASR 2 but there is a tool for this adjustment on the standard AK
    Here is a link to Tapco and you can see what I mean

http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?I...0-9f38134201df

(Washington County)

Talking Re: wasr 10 ak

The standard AK sight tool will work. If you fall in love with AKs, it's the best $8 you can spend.

(Cumberland County)

thanks for the help guys