Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cmv ccw

Hybrid View

(McKean County)

Default cmv ccw

I drive a commercial vehicle. I have a cwp. I don't leave the state. Am I legal carrying in A commercial vehicle? sorry if I'm asking an old question, but, I'm new here and I'm just learning my way around.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: cmv ccw

Yes.......
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(York County)

If it's your truck...no problem.
    If you're driving a company truck, know the company's policy (which could mean termination if firearms are prohibited)...then make your decision and keep your mouth shut.
    Last edited by RoyJackson; February 17th, 2009 at 10:16 PM.

(McKean County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Yes.......
    No disrespect intended. How do you know? Specifics are what I'm looking for ,Not an opinion.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by stevesm View Post
    No disrespect intended. How do you know? Specifics are what I'm looking for ,Not an opinion.
    Generally speaking, laws prohibit certain activities, not allow them. You will find no law allowing carry in a cmv. You will also find no laws prohibiting it, thus, it is legal.

(McKean County)

O.K. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by stevesm View Post
    No disrespect intended from me either, but gnbrotz answered your question and you refuse to accept it.

Show me the law that says you can breath, brush your teeth ect... you can not, because laws tell you what you can not do, not what you can do.

I will repeat what others have already said, there is no law that says you can not carry in a commercial vehicle, so there are no specifics for anyone to show you, nothing, nada, zilch.... !
    Last edited by kurt 10/22; February 19th, 2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: gnbrotz got to it first !

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by kurt 10/22 View Post
    No disrespect intended from me either, but gnbrotz answered your question and you refuse to accept it.
    To be fair, I think it's good he asked for further clarification, as my original answer was a single word. No citation of law, no further explanation.

Too many people accept an answer they get from someone they know or trust and never bother to confirm the accuracy (we see MANY of these people come by this forum). In this case, the OP had no real basis to accept the answer I gave as fact.

Kudos to him for attention to detail.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; February 19th, 2009 at 09:56 PM.

(Lawrence County)

The only rule for carrying a weapon on a CMV is the same as carrying one interstate, follow the laws of the state you are in basically. Since you're an intrastate drive, and have a PA LTCF, you're good to go... DOT may cause a bitch fest, my first DOT inspection nearly made me crap myself, but they can't do anything but call the police who will say you're legal...

If your company allows you, go for it. They're the only people who can really effect you... I know when I drove for Werner, they didn't even want you to have a pocket knife, but they SUCK anyways... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    To be fair, I think it's good he asked for further clarification, as my original answer was a single word. No citation of law, no further explanation.
    I agree that its good to ask for clarification, but after that single word answer you did clarify, as did others. It just seemed to me that the OP was not getting the fact that you, nor anyone else could site a law for him that did not exist.

Somewhat similar to the post in another thread asking about the " one mile rule " when going into NJ.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast