Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

Default New Forum/Subforum: Recall Notices

I'd like to propose a new forum/sub-forum for Recall Notices related to firearms/ammo/etc. I think this is important because each of those recall notices impacts our fellow shooters in potentially life-altering ways (and not for the better, unfortunately). By having a separate forum/subforum for these notices, it consolidates them into one place that is easy to find without digging through other forums or having to wonder about where to put them. It's worth noting that this (sub)forum wouldn't get much traffic or have much activity, but every thread posted could make a huge difference for our fellow shooters.

My preference, obviously, is for a top-level forum, but if it doesn't fit into the scheme, a subforum under something other than the Lounge would work, too. I'm happy to toss around suggestions if the mods/admin want more feedback on this. Otherwise, I'll leave it to the Powers That Be to decide.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: New Forum/Subforum: Recall Notices

I know I am a new member but I second FNG19'S idea. I think it could be very helpfull and it would fit in this forum well if it isn't abused.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Philadelphia County)

I like the idea, but I know some people browse only a few forums that interest them and don't use the "New Posts" link either. Posting a pistol recall in the Pistols section or a rifle recall in the Rifles section, and so on, may reach the audience more effectively. If a sub-forum is created and a new recall is posted there, it may be helpful to have it cross-posted in the corresponding forum (without being deleted as duplicates).

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    I like the idea, but I know some people browse only a few forums that interest them and don't use the "New Posts" link either.
    That's part of the beauty of this, actually. Folks who don't use New Posts and only read a few forums can easily add this forum to the list of stuff they read. The folks who use New Posts will see it, too. If someone won't use New Posts and won't specifically visit a low-traffic, high information value forum serving as a central source for this information -- as close to the proverbial silver platter as you can get, IMHO -- well, I'm not convinced they're all that interested in finding out about the recalls.

I'm not indicting anyone's usage habits. People do what works for them given their priorities. All I'm suggesting is that if they know there's a forum for Recalls and refuse to take 30 seconds to see if there's a new post there, there's not much we can do to help them.

(Delaware County)

I think if it is a full fledged forum people will be able to see a new post easily as they browse down to forums they usually read.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Theadbump to generate more discussion. Any thoughts from mods/admin on it?