Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Ruger 22/45, MKII/MKIII or Browning Buckmark?

Hi guys,

I need your advise. Between Ruger's 22/45, MKII/MKIII line and Browning Buckmark Stainless Camper, which is best suitable for a silencer? Reliability, quality and price factors also considered.

Thanks,

Gene K
    Last edited by rimini; January 31st, 2008 at 12:19 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ruger 22/45, MKII/MKIII or Browning Buckmark?

Dedicated host firearm with integral suppressor or a screw on suppressor?

All of them you listed have been done before, so it might be just a matter of cost, or personal preference.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Dedicated host firearm with integral suppressor or a screw on suppressor?

All of them you listed have been done before, so it might be just a matter of cost, or personal preference.
    Good question I'm not sure what is better between the integral suppressor and screw on one. Which set up is better all around?

(Allegheny County)

There are several post on NFA items covering this in detail in other threads, look around you will find them.....

For example if you have a 22 suppressor that screws on to barrel it can go on multiple firearms that are thread to match the suppressor. One 200 tax stamp. Note if the can is rated for 22 long rifle it won’t work or last on a ar-15 even if the thread are compatible, its just not rated for that much pressure, yet a heavy duty ar-15 can could and would work on a 22 LR its just real heavy.

If you get an integral suppressor it is permanently built onto the host firearm it one tax stamp of 200 but it can work with any other firearm.

hope this help out

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    There are several post on NFA items covering this in detail in other threads, look around you will find them.....

For example if you have a 22 suppressor that screws on to barrel it can go on multiple firearms that are thread to match the suppressor. One 200 tax stamp. Note if the can is rated for 22 long rifle it won’t work or last on a ar-15 even if the thread are compatible, its just not rated for that much pressure, yet a heavy duty ar-15 can could and would work on a 22 LR its just real heavy.

If you get an integral suppressor it is permanently built onto the host firearm it one tax stamp of 200 but it can work with any other firearm.

hope this help out
    Thanks for clarifying it for me. I understand now the practicality of a screw on silencer, but what about the quality of the shot from both types?

(Lebanon County)

Go to silencer tests.com and check out the 22 can reviews. there is a slight diffrence in sound quality when you use diffrent hosts. There is no way to answer your question unless you actually hear the 2 side by side. For what it is worth, they are both excellent hosts and you wouldnt go wrong with either. I prefer the buckmark myself, We all know how much of a pain it is to strip down and assemble the ruger..

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
    Go to silencer tests.com and check out the 22 can reviews. there is a slight diffrence in sound quality when you use diffrent hosts. There is no way to answer your question unless you actually hear the 2 side by side. For what it is worth, they are both excellent hosts and you wouldnt go wrong with either. I prefer the buckmark myself, We all know how much of a pain it is to strip down and assemble the ruger..
    I will probably get a Buckmark over a Ruger specifically because of the disassembly process. Now I have to decide which Buckmark model to get

(Washington County)

I have an integrally suppressed Mk II. the action tends to get gunked up pretty fast. I think it's mostly due to the design of the Mk II where the bolt rides inside the receiver. when fouling gets blown back into the action, the only place it can escape is out the ejection port. In the buckmark, the slide rides on rails and there is open area on both sides for fouling to escape. it's also much easier to disassemble than the ruger.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

Not taking into consideration the suppression issue, I shopped for a long time before I bought my .22 semi, and chose a MKIII for shootability. It fit my hand the best, and I could not be happier with it.
    Jules

just thought I would throw in a monkey wrench...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rimini View Post
    Now I have to decide which Buckmark model to get
    A little inspiration :]

http://lundestudio.com/others.html#buckmark-tacsol-aac

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast