Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default about my taurus .45

i own a taurus 24/7 pro c ds iv shot about 100 rounds through it and cleaned it everytime iv shot it!!

great shooting gun owned it since jan5th this year..
    now just last thrusday i went out back to shoot it and the damn thing jammed on me 4 times..wtf i was pissed!!

so i take it inside and took the slide off and i be damn there is a decent size groove on the frame that wasnt there before i dont know if that caused it to jam ..

so i called taurus up and the guy was a complete asshole said they wont replace my gun.. i said b.s i didnt pay 400$ for a gun and lifetime warrenty for nothing.. so i of coarse spoke with a manager about the problem and there going to look at it and see what the cause is.. but there is a chance they will just machine it. instead of replacing it!

im going to be outraged if it is not just replaced.. i gotta wait 5 weeks before i get it back my god!! i hope i have it back before the end of april i have a ccw coarse to take!!

has anyone else on here been treated like shit with taurus??
    i mean damn all i want is a new gun if i wanted a gun that jams i would of went out and bought me a hi-point 9mm ...lol

(York County)

Default Re: about my taurus .45

that sounds kinda strange, i wonder how the slide got messed up? For future reference tho, you should put at least 100 rounds (or more) through your pistol the first time you shoot it, not over the period of a few months. Most gun stores where I'm from let you return it if there is a problem and you will loose $40. Other than that my 24/7 fires just fine and I have never heard anything bad about Taurus's customer service. Maybe you got some chick with a bad hair day.

(Allegheny County)

That does sound like BS. I bought a Kimber 1911 that had some factory issues, so I called their warranty service and they barely asked what's wrong with it before recommending that I send it in so they can look at/repair it.

What kind of malfunction is happening with it?
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

(Lancaster County)

I've heard quite a few stories like this about Taurus. I just bought a new Taurus about 2 months ago. Strictly a defense gun, but I put 50 rounds through it about every other week. I've also heard good stories about Taurus cutomer service. I'm hoping I never have a problem to find out. So far my gun has been 100%. 24/7 PRO 9mm. I guess there are horror stories for every brand. I hope your experience gets better. I hear you have to keep after them.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

(Adams County)

idontg eti t i have2 247s andi hav neverh ad aproblem with eatherof themand ishoot them alot.

Maybe if you slowed down and tried to communicate in a more calm, clear manner you'd get better results.

Or maybe I'm just an... asshat? I'm sure someone will let me know.

Keith
    USMV M/C

(Chester County)

There is nothing surprising about this, to me.

The quality of Taurus pistols is known to be sub-par, and their customer service is atrocious.

People wonder why I am a "Taurus hater", and yet time and time again my points keep getting validated.

opps i meant 1000 rounds not 100 my bad.. and i was very calm speaking with customer service! after i seen the grooving in the slide i noticed it jammed up and i think thats the problem the slide would hesitate sliding back after a shot or when you go to put a round in it.. the guy on the phone said something like if i didnt have a firm grip on the gun that would cause it to jam....lol i never heard that if you dont have a firm grip on my 45 she is going to fly outta your hand

(Berks County)

the taurus 45's alot of them jam right out of the box. my dad got a bad one too.. he ended up trading it for the 9mm version. the 9mm dont have the jamming problems like the 45's do. i had a 24/7 9mm and never had a prob with it. and my dads new 9mm has no prob either. just seem to be the 45's have the problems.

(Lancaster County)

thats interesting and come to think of it, all the complaints I heard were .45. How bout the .40s? Have you heard of any problems with them?
    My 24/7 is my carry gun. it's a $350 gun, not a $1200 Kimber or H&K. But my 9 has never failed and I do try to warm it up at least once a week. I'm more of a revolver guy when it comes to shooting.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

(Washington County)

I have a PT140 Gen 3 with the strait 8 sights .40.
    So far I have around 400 rounds through it. About 50 hollows and the rest FMJ. Each time I shoot, I head strait home and clean it out.

I have had one fail to feed and it was definitely due to the ammo. I was at the end of a 50rd box of Amer eagle FMJs, and the round wouldent slide up the feed ramp into the barrel. The slide was covered in sooo much residue, the round was on the ramp and wouldent slide. It slid just fine out of the magazine, but that sh*ty amer eagle ammo covered my gun inside and out with residue. Took me 5 times as long to clean the gun that night. So that failure was at no fault to the gun.

Like many people complaining about the Millennium pros my TP140 shoots 4” low at 25’.
    This seems to be an issue with the strait 8 sights, but of course there are no manufactures of replacement sights right now.

I called the company they assured me I was using the wrong sight picture (which I wasn’t, strait 8s use POA POI hold over unlike normal sights) and that each gun is “precisely sighted at 20yds”. BullSh*t! I can’t aim high enough to hit anything at 20yrds.

It’s an OK pistol, good size and comfortable for CCW, price was right, no one makes any upgrades for it. As soon as I can afford it Im upgrading to an XD (what I wanted initially but couldn’t afford).
    Last edited by Iron_Scorpion; March 27th, 2009 at 01:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast