Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Thumbs down Big Bucks in Wexford, 47.80 gun transfer

I bought a handgun from a local guy, we went there to do the transfer and I got charged 47.80, never again will I step foot in that shop.

I made the suggestion of meeting there cause it was like a half way point, I did a transfer there before but was'nt charged that much or I would have never suggested it. Can't remeber but I think it was like 25.00 about 3 years ago.

My shop that I deal with locally only charges me 18.50 total for a handgun transfer, which is Powells in pennhills, thank goodness there are still some good shops around.

Default Re: Big Bucks in Wexford, 47.80 gun transfer

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I bought a handgun from a local guy, we went there to do the transfer and I got charged 47.80, never again will I step foot in that shop.

I made the suggestion of meeting there cause it was like a half way point, I did a transfer there before but was'nt charged that much or I would have never suggested it. Can't remeber but I think it was like 25.00 about 3 years ago.

My shop that I deal with locally only charges me 18.50 total for a handgun transfer, which is Powells in pennhills, thank goodness there are still some good shops around.
    Is the shop on a highway? If so that is highway robbery.

(Allegheny County)

I felt taken advantage of when Federal Firearms charged me $40 to register a rifle. I guess they are taking advantage of the internet sales that must pass thru an FFL

(Allegheny County)

don't do business with these people. let them know why too!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Allegheny County)

that's a shame. looks like they're back to their old tricks now that sportsmans warehouse closed.

It's funny SW comes to town, I start shopping at big bucks. SW closes, i start boycotting big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post

Apparently the shop's name refers to the transfer cost... "Big Bucks".

What a rip-off

They are probably the closest gun shop to me but I couldn't tell you the last time I went there to look for something. It's usually filled with rude, unknowledgeable people and pricing is ridiculous.

I spend god knows what every year on guns and they'll never see a dime because of their prices-- will gun stores never figure this one out?!

(Allegheny County)

Let me tell you about my experience

Was looking at a cooper 22 that they had in stock - i believe the price was full retail at 1599.00. I took in an anschutz target rifle and a used - 50 rounds through it - 9mm RRA AR - its a factory gun in hardcase - and there is close to a year wait on them from RRA. I figured that I would be close to an even trade.
    Cabellas had offered me 600 on the anschutz previously.

anyways - he came back and offered me 400 on the anschutz and 600 on the RRA and an additional 600 bucks + tax for the cooper. I almost laughed but just put everything back in the case and walked out. There is no where to even bargain with an offer like that...

wow highway robbery - I'll never go in there again...