Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Daddy, he has a gun!

So I was at Knobles yesterday with the family taking the kids on a bunch of kiddy rides, it was more their day then mine. I was concealed due to retention issues being in large crowds and all. Well we finally made our way over to the train ride and I sat my two year old son down, then I sat behind him. Mind you these are made for kids... as I'm sitting there in the rear seat, holding my son in front of me with my knees practically in my face I hear a kid in line shout:

"Look daddy, he has a gun just like yours" and was pointing right at me. I felt about 50 eyes on me instantly when suddenly the dad smacked his son in the head and bent down and said something in his ear sternly... He gave me a nod after the incident and I reciprocated.

I was sitting there cramped up in the small seat, no matter how hard I tried my holster stuck out of the bottom of the overly large shirt I was wearing. Sitting the way I was it rode up over the bottom of my holster. I still think its amazing this kid spotted my holster like that...

(Adams County)

Default Re: Daddy, he has a gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    So I was at Knobles yesterday with the family taking the kids on a bunch of kiddy rides, it was more their day then mine. I was concealed due to retention issues being in large crowds and all. Well we finally made our way over to the train ride and I sat my two year old son down, then I sat behind him. Mind you these are made for kids... as I'm sitting there in the rear seat, holding my son in front of me with my knees practically in my face I hear a kid in line shout:

"Look daddy, he has a gun just like yours" and was pointing right at me. I felt about 50 eyes on me instantly when suddenly the dad smacked his son in the head and bent down and said something in his ear sternly... He gave me a nod after the incident and I reciprocated.

I was sitting there cramped up in the small seat, no matter how hard I tried my holster stuck out of the bottom of the overly large shirt I was wearing. Sitting the way I was it rode up over the bottom of my holster. I still think its amazing this kid spotted my holster like that...

That's awesome. I kinda wonder if that kid was a bit like me, in that knowing that my dad was carrying I would be more 'alert' to looking around to see if other kids' dads were carrying too.

Not anymore though, to this day I can't find the olives in the fridge unless I call my wife over or she gets tired of me staring at the open door for 5 minutes.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post

Man, sounds like that little guy got a STERN talking to when he got home. Obviously the father knew damn well what kind of crap could have happened from someone yelling that out.

(Montgomery County)

I wouldn't have smacked him I probably would've said naw it's not like the one I'm wearing son...

It wonders me if he's a member here...

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
    It wonders me if he's a member here...
    Can't say I've seen him before.

(Northampton County)

Funny. Glad to see Dad acknowledged you at an awkward moment.

I had something slightly similar a few weeks back but I was OCing. A little kid perhaps 10 was in line with me and said to his father, "He has a gun" with his big bright smiling teeth showing. Dad leaned over and whispered, "I KNOW!" in a 'how about that!' kind of voice. A little different than being outed while CCing though LOL.

(Monroe County)

That's funny, sure he got a long talking to when he got home.

I thought this thread would go a different way, based on the title.

If some kid DOES point to your gun, and the dad disapproves and says something rude, one possible response is to look at the kid and say "I carry a gun because I love my child enough to protect him. Your daddy...doesn't, I guess."

It's about damn time to switch from defense to offense.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(York County)

I was sure that was going to read something like "and then when we got off of the ride there was security and management waiting for us"

Glad that didn't happen! Apparently it is possible to have your cover blown at a family friendly place and not have crowds of people get thrown into a panic.
    Those who beat their swords into plough shares shall plough for those who don't

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast