Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lasers

(Cambria County)

Default Lasers

I just love this add for Crimson Trace Lasers. Very simple, but yet, it makes a very strong statement.

We haven't discussed this in a while, so I thought I would bring it up again. Got some new members, that I wanted to hear their thoughts on this.

Do you think a Laser is a real tool, or a toy??? Do you think they have a place in the world of self defense??? Do you have a laser on your carry gun. If not, cause you don't want it, or cause you can't afford it???

They are introducing one for the XD's soon. I may have to check this out. I think they serve a very useful purpose, and this pic shows you where a laser would rule. LOW LIGHT SITUATIONS. And lets face it, most likely if we are going to be pulling and using a handgun in self defense, will probably be in a low light area, and a laser sure would come in handy then.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Lasers

I think its a bit of both. Its fun to play with and would greatly help in target acquisition in low light scenarios.

(Wayne County)

Talking Re: Lasers

I have a IM6 on my night stand 1911 and would like to get a Laser Max for my carry gun. I definitely like it for low light applications

(Perry County)

I've wanted one for one of my guns for awhile but they were so expensive (at least the crimson traces, which is what i wanted). I got my CZ P-01 awhile back and also picked up the CT grips for it.

they made the gun so uncomfortable to shoot for me, i took them off. i put them back on and off a few times but still couldn't get past how uncomfortable they were to me. if i decide to get another one, i might look into the one that goes where the guide rod is. i'm not too keen on the rail mount kind.

i'm trying to sell them now, but no one seems interested. I've posted on the official CZ forum, here, and even put an auction up on Ebay.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    i'm trying to sell them now, but no one seems interested. I've posted on the official CZ forum, here, and even put an auction up on Ebay.

Have you tried selling them here on our site yet?

(Allegheny County)

I have a lasermax on my G26 (my carry gun) and it is definitely a real tool. Not only is it a real tool in self defense situations, but it is great to have when teaching someone how to shoot!

The green laser on one of my ar-15's...well, that's just a toy!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by pghplr View Post
    Have you tried selling them here on our site yet?
    yes, i have

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Do you think a Laser is a real tool, or a toy???
    Tool.

Do you think they have a place in the world of self defense???
    Yes.

Do you have a laser on your carry gun.
    No.

If not, cause you don't want it, or cause you can't afford it???
    None of them are currently "military grade" rugged. From what I gather, more than a few users have experienced electronics "flaky-ness" similar to the "pre Rev F" versions of the EOTech.

They are introducing one for the XD's soon. I may have to check this out.
    IMHO, the problem with the CT's for glocks and XDs is that they increase the backstrap to trigger face distance of what is already a somewhat large-ish grip. If your hands are big enough that's fine but most folks are doing well to manage the stock grip size.

I think they serve a very useful purpose, and this pic shows you where a laser would rule. LOW LIGHT SITUATIONS. And lets face it, most likely if we are going to be pulling and using a handgun in self defense, will probably be in a low light area, and a laser sure would come in handy then.
    They are very useful in low light situations, in fact they shine (pun intended).

ETA: CT is supposedly working on a "ruggedized" version.
    Last edited by TonyF; December 1st, 2007 at 12:13 PM.

(Allegheny County)

They are a tool, a highly effective tool.

I recently completed a low light/night intensive course of instruction with pistols and carbines. The merits of the CT laser became obvious during these evolutions. They are to the pistol what the Aimpoint is to the carbine.

I am not planning on putting one on my Glock (inelegant design) but I do plan on getting the replaceable backstrap for my new M&P45. This will be in addition to a SF x300 light. Overkill? Many might think so, but when you have run through highly realistic simulators in the dark (think clearing your own house) you realize there is no such thing as too much of an advantage.

I will probably get a holster rig from Raven Concealment. The M&P45 with the light and laser will be a large combo, so I'll carry it OWB - but I'll still plan on carrying it.

FWIW my SF x200b light went on and is staying on my Glock 19.

(Centre County)

Hey Randy, Virdian now introduced laser device for XD.
    You may encounter same issue with my M&P with Lasermax unit.
    noone makes holster for it.
    http://www.laseraimingsystems.com/

For your XD, I'd go with Lasermax's Internal laser sight.
    No dementional change, no change in holster.
    http://www.lasermax.com/category.php?id=7
    And my dealer is telling me that they work real good.

i'm still waiting for them to come out one for M&P.
    Probrem with CTC for M&P is they are mid-size insert. And I use Small insert.

On the othehand, when I pick up my Taurus Snubby, I'm picking up CTC for it.
    And you should too. No snubby should ever be in your pocket without laser sight

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast