Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default holster for sub compact, high or low ride?

I have always wondered this. Which do people prefer for sub compact pistols, high ride or low ride IWB holsters? and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Delaware County)

Default Re: holster for sub compact, high or low ride?

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    I have always wondered this. Which do people prefer for sub compact pistols, high ride or low ride IWB holsters? and why?
    I carry my Glock 26 a little high for two reasons.
    1) it makes it easier to get a good grip, because my hand doesn't have to go past my belt line at all.
    2) it actually makes it easier to conceal with untucked clothing. The problem that I had when I wore it low is that when I would bend over, or stretch in certain ways, the shirt wouldn't quite show the gun, but would get caught on it. Then when I straightened up, the shirt was bunched up on it. Now that it's higher, my shirt has to pull *way* up before it gets caught.
    I carry at about 4-5 oclock by the way, a little farther back than many people do.

(Monroe County)

Helter bout nailed my reasons. I also carry a Glock26 and it is in a higher riding holster for a good grip and less unintended OC after bending over. I also find it most comfortable. I still have my stomach smaller than my chest/back so It fits right in their at a 8:30-9:00 spot (i'm a lefty).

I carry low. On me, my G27 is far better concealed low than if I were to have it ride high. I have the opposite problem that Helter has. When it rides higher, my shirt get caught around the handle and I get all sorts of bizarre bunching.

(Cumberland County)

If I carry my little KT P32 I'll either carry it high and tight in a Fobus so that my untucked shirt covers it or low and IWB at around 4 o' clock. I don't love pocket carry because I like to put tons of other crap in my pockets.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Adams County)

I carry my Kahr in a Don Hume IWB holster. The grip is the only part that sticks out over my belt. I have long arms, my wife says monkey arms, so I like carrying lower. It makes it easier for me to draw. It also conceals very well without any problems.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    I carry my Glock 26 a little high for two reasons.
    1) it makes it easier to get a good grip, because my hand doesn't have to go past my belt line at all.
    2) it actually makes it easier to conceal with untucked clothing. The problem that I had when I wore it low is that when I would bend over, or stretch in certain ways, the shirt wouldn't quite show the gun, but would get caught on it. Then when I straightened up, the shirt was bunched up on it. Now that it's higher, my shirt has to pull *way* up before it gets caught.
    I carry at about 4-5 oclock by the way, a little farther back than many people do.
    Exact same except I carry at 3-4 oclock. Riding high gives me a better grip and faster draw, while low ride gives better concealment.

For me I had to make a choice and I'd rather deploy quicker and safer then conceal a bit better.