Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jennings 9mm

(Allegheny County)

Default Jennings 9mm

Jennings arms mishap? From the details it is unclear if it was user error or a mechanical failure.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Jennings 9mm

In the case of a Jennings, either would be redundant.

Somebody probably slammed the mag in, and the slide closed and fired the round. I have seen it happen; a little (very little) bit of crud and the firing pin sticks out.

Jennings I WILL bad-mouth. They are garbage guns.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Allegheny County)

great, and that POS shot some guy from Ireland. Now its more fodder for that "crazy americans and their guns!" crap.

why do these guns still exist?

I would think as a dangerous product there would be some sort of public notice on them.

and a use for gun buybacks !

(Montgomery County)

ATTENTION BRYCO-JENNINGS OWNERS:

For some reason SigArms will give you 200 bucks American for your awesome collectible pistol. I know, there is a huge following of cocked and locked Jennings packers that shoot IPSC and IDPA with their .25's and believe they could defend themselves by shooting through a perps ear canal.

As for that news article, which had very little useful info in it. One thing is clear, the handler of said weapon covered something with the muzzle that he did not mind destroying. Namely, himself and two others. Maybe he is just lucky that it did not "go off" while it was still in his mouth.

I am wary of any shooter that chooses to own a weapon that costs less then a case of ammo at retail price. Long live the Smith snubbie...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    As for that news article, which had very little useful info in it. One thing is clear, the handler of said weapon covered something with the muzzle that he did not mind destroying. Namely, himself and two others. Maybe he is just lucky that it did not "go off" while it was still in his mouth.
    while you do make a good point we dont know exactly what happened. The gun went off multiple times, it is quite possible it was pointed down range when the mag was instered, the slide dropped and the little fucker went FA. It quite possibly could have jumped up out of the shooters hand, esp since it wasnt expected go slam fire again and again and throw rounds off everywhere.

(Monroe County)

jennings is one brand of gun that SHOULD be outlawed, let only the outlaws own them, it would make it a lot easier on the rest of us since theyd take themselves out with those exploding pieces of shit....that crap shouldnt still be in circulation, hell im surprised some survived, crappy pot metal junk!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    ...we dont know exactly what happened.
    Supposedly, it was benched.

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...Range-Accident

Quote Originally Posted by TheLedger.com
    Michael Patrick Thourot, 47, had just set down his Jennings 9mm handgun at the Saddle Creek Shooting Range when the gun went off, striking Thourot in the left hand, his wife Sherri, 46, in the left arm, and 29-year-old Gary Flynn in the shoulder and throat, the Polk County Sheriff’s Office said.
    “According to them, they set the gun down and it just went off and started spewing rounds,” Sgt. Ken Hall said Saturday at the scene.
    Detectives say the gun fired at least three times after Thourot set it down facing his wife, rather than downrange, which is considered a proper safety procedure. The gun began to spin, striking Flynn, who stood next to a bench a few feet away.

Thats ashame. Hopefully for the owner he didnt do anything to alter the firearm or he probably could face some sort of charges.

(Armstrong County)

I watched one blow into pieces. No barrel Obstruction what so ever. Best we can figure is that the barrell cracked and then the next shot the bullet lodged in the barrell because the pressure behind it went out the top of the barrell where it was cracked, then the next round slammed into the lodged round. . . no one was seriously hurt but the easialy could have been. It was a scary ordeal.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    ATTENTION BRYCO-JENNINGS OWNERS:

For some reason SigArms will give you 200 bucks American for your awesome collectible pistol. I know, there is a huge following of cocked and locked Jennings packers that shoot IPSC and IDPA with their .25's and believe they could defend themselves by shooting through a perps ear canal.

I am wary of any shooter that chooses to own a weapon that costs less then a case of ammo at retail price. Long live the Smith snubbie...

I have a Jennings 9mm that I am doing my best to get rid of. How do I get 200 from Sig? Does anyone know?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast