Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Officer store

(Northampton County)

Default Officer store

In my never ending quest to find a level 2 retension holster for my Glock 30 I decided to take a ride to Coatesville, PA, On my bike and OCing, aprox 1:15 min from Easton, it was a beautiful day on Sat, While I was on 78w I saw a car w ny plates and as usual I coast with out of staters to show them our freedom here in PA, This guy had a vid camera in his hand, I am not sure if he was shooting or not, but it bothered me a bit, He had my plate number my face, I felt uneasy about this. The police store was a very pleasant experience, one LEO shopping, stared at me, and i stared back, no issue. But I had a good encounter there I was OCing and not a comment from the employees there, It did not bother me one bit that I was not allowed to go to the gun room, I never asked but i saw a post here in referance to that. IMO I can buy my gun at other shops.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Officer store

I'm not tracking, you can not buy guns there? Please do not tell me it is for LEOs only.

I talked to a friend the other day and he stated he was going there to look for a holster. If it is their policy not to sell guns to Citizens, I am going to kick my friend's ass for even going in there. That is downright disgusting.

Be safe (and NOT part of a standing army).

Scott

(York County)

I took it to mean he couldnt go back to the firearms room whille carrying. I have been wrong before though.

To the OP, you can't be recorded for broadcast or legal purposes without your consent, so I doubt it was the police or media, were you near any tourist type attractions, something that a family might be vidiotaping?
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by YBNORMAL View Post
    I took it to mean he couldnt go back to the firearms room whille carrying. I have been wrong before though.

To the OP, you can't be recorded for broadcast or legal purposes without your consent, so I doubt it was the police or media, were you near any tourist type attractions, something that a family might be vidiotaping?
    Got it. Thanks.

As far as recording individuals, you do not need their consent. They do not even need to know you are taping them. As a Private Detective that has done tens of thousands of hours of surveillance, I have never told any of the thousands of subjects that I would be taping them. I agree, commercial broadcasting requires consent.

Be safe (and say cheese).

Scott

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    Got it. Thanks.

As far as recording individuals, you do not need their consent. They do not even need to know you are taping them. As a Private Detective that has done tens of thousands of hours of surveillance, I have never told any of the thousands of subjects that I would be taping them. I agree, commercial broadcasting requires consent.

Be safe (and say cheese).

Scott
    A Private Detective isnt somebody the OP is worried about from what I gathered. As a PI, anything you record isnt addmisable in a court of law (I'm making an assumption here, please clear this up if you can), that I believe court of law is what the OP is worried about. Perhaps if he is cheating on his wife or something he would fear a PI.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Lycoming County)

A Private Detective isnt somebody the OP is worried about from what I gathered. As a PI, anything you record isnt addmisable in a court of law (I'm making an assumption here, please clear this up if you can), that I believe court of law is what the OP is worried about. Perhaps if he is cheating on his wife or something he would fear a PI.
    Every video I have ever created is admissable in a court of law. If you are really interested PM me, you seem to have some things mixed regarding the laws regarding surveillance in PA. Besides, we don't do the cheating spouse thing, too much aggravation We do mostly .gov contract and insurance surveillance.

To the OP, I assure you, you have no recourse to being videotaped in public. IF you were doing anything unlawful, which I clearly understand you were not, but IF you were doing anything unlawful and a Citizen capture it, it would be admissable.

Be safe (and draw the blinds).

Scott

(York County)

I would absolutely be interested in what you know about this, no need to PM though, why inform only me when you can inform 20,000 registered users.

I was hoping to get better answers to the recording issue. Everything I have stated has just been "what I thought" and I have been wrong before.
    Ayn Rand

(Lycoming County)

I would absolutely be interested in what you know about this, no need to PM though, why inform only me when you can inform 20,000 registered users.

I was hoping to get better answers to the recording issue. Everything I have stated has just been "what I thought" and I have been wrong before.
    I did not want to reply for everyone because it is hijacking the thread. Also, it has been discussed here in the past. I would guess over 19,000 of the registered users already know the laws regarding recording someone in public.

I think you are getting video and audio recording mixed up. What I understood from the OP was that an occupant of a vehicle, also traveling 78W, was observed with a video camera in his hand. You then stated "you can't be recorded for broadcast or legal purposes without your consent, so I doubt it was the police or media". I stated consent was not needed and they did not even need to know they were being recorded. Again, from the OP, we were talking about video. Also, if someone is openly videotaping you in a public area, even if audio is recorded, the display of the video camera takes away your claim that you did not know it was being recorded or your "expectation of non-interception". I hope this helps.

Be safe (and don't get me started on GPS tracking).

Scott

(York County)

Ok, good explanation, audio/vidio=different.
    Ayn Rand

Apparently The Officer's Store has a separate area for gun sales and will only sell guns to LEOs as per an agreement with the municipality they are located in... over a zoning issue. There is a thread about this here.

The average Joe (non-LEO) cannot buy a gun there.
    Last edited by HiredGoon; September 10th, 2009 at 04:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast