Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Whats that Icon?

Many of us use Icons on our threads, some described them and others are very interesting, Lets have a thread where people describe the icon they use.

My last Icon was an actualy picture of me
    The new icon, is actually a charicature of me while my wife and I where on our Honeymoon...
    I actually used this one as a signature when I did web hosting. Wife said i looked like Joe Dalton... You compare.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Whats that Icon?

My icon was a political cartoon rumored to have been created by Benjamin Franklin and published in the Philadelphia-based Pennsylvania Gazette in May of 1754. The cartoon depicts a snake carved into 8 pieces representing various colonies and was originally meant to encourage the colonies at the time to band together to fight the French and the Indians. The symbol was copied vastly and eventually used in the revolutionary war as well, although not originally intended for that purpose.

I think the idea applies to just about everything. We as a people whether it be all of us, Americans, Pennsylvanians, or just Gun Owners always need to stick together.

Join, Or Die.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Beaver County)

Mine is calvin. He had a ray gun in his hands to shoot monsters under the bed. Some swift photoshopping and animating~tada. We have a semi-auto handgun!

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    My icon was a political cartoon rumored to have been created by Benjamin Franklin and published in the Philadelphia-based Pennsylvania Gazette in May of 1754. The cartoon depicts a snake carved into 8 pieces representing various colonies and was originally meant to encourage the colonies at the time to band together to fight the French and the Indians. The symbol was copied vastly and eventually used in the revolutionary war as well, although not originally intended for that purpose.

I think the idea applies to just about everything. We as a people whether it be all of us, Americans, Pennsylvanians, or just Gun Owners always need to stick together.

Join, Or Die.

DAN! I'm CANADIAN!!! Not French, Please Dont shoot!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Montgomery County)

I rotate icon's. I just went back to Charlie Brown in drag. We all feel like Charlie Brown from time to time and since I am a girl I put him in a dress.

Here are a few others I have used.

(Lackawanna County)

I use this one but I don't know why. When ya see a full size version of it......it is freaky weird.
    When searching for my avatar, I wanted something neutral enough that can be used across ALL boards that I frequent (Guns, aviation, coal, etc..)

Another one I used to use a lot is below......I don't have a copy the small avatar version though....

I'm a HUGE vintage lightplane/ultralight buff. Above is the 1921 DePischoff Biplane ( and photoshopped Monoplane )
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post

I can only imagine they would be listening to Bohemian Raphosdy by Queen
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Blair County)

it's a ge mini gun (i think) i thiught it would be cool for this site

(Northumberland County)

I use this image mainly because many of my political beliefs a so far libertarian extreme, that pigs will fly before they become reality...

(Philadelphia County)

I've always liked monkeys.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast