Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Anybody want a squirrel hunter on their land? Lost my hunting spot

If anyone needs some squirrels taken care of in Delware/Chester/Lancaster county give me a shout. I just lost the one spot I used to squirrel hunt every year in ChesCo and don't know what i'm gonna do with myself now.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Anybody want a squirrel hunter on their land? Lost my hunting spot

Ah go nuts? Sucks to lose your spot, Id bag on doors or leave notes taped to mail boxes.

Many moons ago with hard to find places to hunt in N Y I too went to farms and such and offered services in te summer monts worked out to one weekend a month for three months,It turned into a liftime friendship and felt like family I gotto hunt 400 acres up in Walkill N Y Anytime I wanted.I shared my harvest we went to dinner his family and mine and always remembered them for the holidays.My friend Tom A and Sharon discussed the meeting we had 40 years ago they say they viewed me as a 20 year old who honestly wanted more than to just hunt but to make friends.Keep this in mind when your ready to knock on some landowners door ! JMO/MDT

(Chester County)

Yea I'm going to knock on a few doors, the problem I expect is a lot of people have deer hunting as more of a priority over small game. Fortunately I've still got my 2 archery deer hunting grounds but some people I've run into (including my deer properties) are either turned off by the idea of guns or don't want a squirrel hunter ruining the deer hunting. Just found out today I lost the one property so I'll probably have to start knocking around soon.

I know there are people who want the small critters off their property but I've yet to meet em myself!
    Last edited by nate4796; August 1st, 2016 at 07:34 PM.

I feel your pain. My favourite squirrel spot which is loaded with big old squirrels always has people archery hunting in it. Nothing like totally camouflage people up a tree whenever you are blasting squirrels with a 12 gauge LOL ever since this Early Muzzleloader thing became a habit for me I used to love to go squirrel hunting. But since they had to start squirrel and Early Muzzleloader on the same freakin day I never get to squirrel hunt anymore. My mother's house has a ton of squirrels but I am saving them for the zombie apocalypse. Everyone else can be eating stale rice I will be having squirrel pot pie lol

Don't forget to see if there are any PGC Hunter Access properties near you:

http://pagame.maps.arcgis.com/apps/w...ce4c80ef34bbcb

I've used one near me, and found the folks friendly. I've also gone to a couple of the dots only to be stonewalled... or perhaps they are no longer in the program.

Be nice and friendly just like you would for any other property owner.

(Chester County)

Thanks for that CL3, i'm definitely going to check that out. I did know about those properties but didn't realize they were listed/mapped.

(Luzerne County)

Glad to see someone still likes to hunt squirrel ....hope you find that special area near you ...Good Luck!
    Always sorting 12 ga. once fired hulls ...Looking for something ...LMK