Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default The NRA really needs to be slapped and hire new PR people..

I've been so busy lately that I had forgotten to renew my membership, so I get a letter in the mail today from them. It had the following in big bold letters at the top.

"Our Second Amendmen rights are in grave danger because of some NRA supporters like you have no renewed your memberships!"

Add that to the boned headed appearances and statements that the NRA has been making lately really makes me doubt they have any idea how to combat anti-gun feelings in this country. They're using tactics that were affective in Reagan's day, but seem like just more BS spin from a lobbyist. Throw away and ignored instantly by the same people they're trying to convince. Not to mention alienating and pointing fingers at Gun owners who don't do exactly what they say and when they say it.

The NRA is quickly becoming a PR Nightmare IMHO.. Yes they're still the largest organization and power in the halls of Government, but they're losing (quickly) the public relations battle. I can't think of anyone who is "on the fence" about gun control ever being convinced by anything the NRA has said or done in the last 5 years.

Not to mention the constant avalanche of junk mail and begging for more money that people get every week. I asked them to stop sending me magazines because almost everyone is basically a Republican propaganda article, while putting every Democrat up from as the reason for all our problems. Which yes most Dem's are anti-gun but there is a fine line between informing and ranting hatred towards someone. It gets tiresome to say the least.

Hrmm. I wonder if there's a market for a Pro-2nd amendment Democratic Magazine/Blog out there.. $$$!
    Last edited by Morel42; April 1st, 2009 at 01:59 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: The NRA really needs to be slapped and hire new PR people..

I'm not in PR, but gee, which would sound and work better?

"Our Second Amendmen rights are in grave danger because of some NRA supporters like you have no renewed your memberships!"

"Our Second Amendmen rights are in grave danger. NRA supporters like you can help by renewing your memberships!"

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    I'm not in PR, but gee, which would sound and work better?

"Our Second Amendmen rights are in grave danger. NRA supporters like you can help by renewing your memberships!"

That would have been much much better..

It's really not that hard to understand. I don't know why they don't seem to understand.

(Butler County)

Send them an e-mail with a link to this thread. It might be the smack in the head that they need. Send them all the threads on the NRA to let them see what their target group thinks about them.

I'm a supporter of the NRA, but I swear they do at times remind me of my 9 y/o kid. "Daddy, can I do this, can I do this, can I do this?" type of constant badgering. It gets my kid sent to his room.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Monroe County)

The NRA thrives on the fear that if you don't feed them then the gov't will step in and steal your guns, will make concealed carry a crime, and the only one that can stop this is you.

they are a money grubbing organization that collects millions a year in revenue and spends it on their spiffy shooting ranges in Arizona and Maryland, then they pocket the rest. When their members really need them they just tell them sorry you are on your own (California, NJ, Mass, Illinois...).

Make no mistake, the NRA won't be there for you when you need them
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

We were NRA members for quite some time .... right up until we saw them making 'back room deals' with congress and when they started the 'PR assault from hell'.I honestly believe they have done more to make anti gun people MORE anti gun than anything we as gun owners could ever do. They have become a charactuer of the 'lunatic gun owners' in many many ways.

Needless to say we let our memberships expire and seriously doubt they will ever see our money again.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    We were NRA members for quite some time .... right up until we saw them making 'back room deals' with congress and when they started the 'PR assault from hell'.I honestly believe they have done more to make anti gun people MORE anti gun than anything we as gun owners could ever do. They have become a charactuer of the 'lunatic gun owners' in many many ways.

Needless to say we let our memberships expire and seriously doubt they will ever see our money again.
    are they still calling and mailing you? It took like 2 years of me hanging up on them and throwing away their mailings before they finally got the hint and gave up.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    are they still calling and mailing you? It took like 2 years of me hanging up on them and throwing away their mailings before they finally got the hint and gave up.
    Nope, you have to understand something about me and how I handle companies that can't understand the meaning of the word NO.

Remember Carlin's 7 words you can't say on TV and then he expanded it out to 11 or something? Well when someone becomes a pain in my butt I tend to give them all 11 of them and a few new ones added in for fun. I have made more than one obnoxious telemarketer cry (just ask Tootie) ... I don't tolerate harassment, pushy sales people, idiot tech support people that can't speak English and a whole list of 'general fucktards' that love to call and bother me.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Nope, you have to understand something about me and how I handle companies that can't understand the meaning of the word NO.

Remember Carlin's 7 words you can't say on TV and then he expanded it out to 11 or something? Well when someone becomes a pain in my butt I tend to give them all 11 of them and a few new ones added in for fun. I have made more than one obnoxious telemarketer cry (just ask Tootie) ... I don't tolerate harassment, pushy sales people, idiot tech support people that can't speak English and a whole list of 'general fucktards' that love to call and bother me.
    haha awesome. I normally just hang up on them but I think I may have to take your approach

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast