Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default yugo ak help please

have a few questions for you guys. im new to the ak and just bought a yugo underfolder m70ab2 by C.I.A. first does this rifle have the last round open hold, or is it the clip that gives this rifle the feature. can i use other clips for this rifle and still have it stay open after the last round has been fired.and finally how does the 75 round mags work with this rifle. thanks for any help in advance.

For AK questions I'd go to akfiles.com or saiga-12.com I believe that the bolt hold open is caused by the follower in the AK mag...there may be some other mods you can do to hold the bolt open.

AK mags can be interchanged...at least the 7.62x39 mags...unless the rifle is a WASR10 single stack...you would have to dremel the mag well and weld metal to make it a hi cap WASR10.

If you are looking at the 75rd drum..get the chinese one if you can find them...getting pricey...some dude has one on this site, but IMO he's asking a bit too much. $125 sounds about right.

(Dauphin County)

mag follower in most and Saiga's last model AK available in US(If memory serves) http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/ak47...wer-p-206.html

(Beaver County)

I just bought one of these yesterday, myself. The instruction manual that comes with it is for a WASR-10 singlestack. Haven't had much chance to play with it, much less shoot it...What is the little button on the receiver near the stock release for? The manual doesn't show it, much less explain it.

What AK version do you have? Your post didn't really detail which rifle you were referring to...I have the button on my Saiga 223...I'm not sure what it does...try asking or searching on saiga-12.com there is a Saiga 223 section.

(Beaver County)

I have a Yugoslavian underfolder.

(Beaver County)

Okay, I hd a chance to fiddle with it and I know what it is now. It's a field-stripping catch. You push the little button and it allows you to depress the dustcover catch at the rear of the receiver. It also holds the catch partially depressed to make re-assembly easier.