Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default First time OC'ing today and.......

Everything went pretty well!! I decided that after ten years on of CCing I would today wear my firearm in plain view. I had holstered my Colt Defender 1911, and set out with my fiancee for a small trip up to the Quakertown Farmers Market. I first stopped and got gas, went inside and paid cash, no issues. I don't think the cashier or any other customers even noticed. I then proceeded to my destination.
    Once we got to the farmers market, we parked and then started walking to outside stands. As soon as we got the stands, I noticed two security guards (one was armed himself) just up ahead. I did get a bit nervous, but figured if I was going to get harassed, these were the guys who were going to do it. I walked by them, and they did glance, but I'm not sure if they even noticed my gun. After walking around for a bit, and checking out the junk for sale, we stopped at a booth and was making a purchase. And then it happened....
    "Is that gun real?" asked a guy who was standing next to me.
    "Yes sir" I replied.
    He then asked if I was a cop, to which I replied no. I simply stated that I am simply a law abiding citizen, and in PA you may OC a firearm if you choose to. He was shocked, and perhaps thought I had my information wrong. He didn't argue about it, but did say "I have never heard of such a law". He seemed even more shocked when I told him it didn't even require a permit. I did have a PA OC Pamphlet in my back pocket, and was very tempted to pass it along to him, but thought I may need it for a LEO, if I was stopped. Did some more shopping and another vendor had began talking to me.
    "You are the second person I have seen openly carrying a firearm here" he said.
    I simply responded "yeah, unfortunately most people don't know its legal, nor do they exercise their right to. He said it was a bit unusual to see, as he lived in NJ. Told me a story about guns, and we moved along. He didn't have a problem with guns or the fact that I had one. It seemed that he might be doing the same if he was a PA resident.
    All in all I was there for over a hour, and got just a few double takes, and glances. It was a positive experience, and was very comfortable to wear my firearm outside of my waistband for the first time in ten years!
    -Mark

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: First time OC'ing today and.......

Rep sent!

I was out the other day driving OC...which is technically CC....but was planning on adjusting my jacket properly when I got out of the car to CC...pulled into the parking lot...right in from of me 1 marked PSP and 4 Unmarked PSP rental vehicles, Nevada plates and such. All except one guy were in dark suits with lapell pins. I shit a brick. I wound up sitting in the car for 20 minutes +, suspisciously, while they all watched me, and waited for them to leave. I then exited and put on my jacket, then had to cut through the bushes to avoid walking by their convoy that had stopped at the end of the parking lot. I admire you OC guys. Someday maybe that will be me, but not now. Kudos to you!

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanfan1977 View Post
    Everything went pretty well!! I decided that after ten years on of CCing I would today wear my firearm in plain view. I had holstered my Colt Defender 1911, and set out with my fiancee for a small trip up to the Quakertown Farmers Market. I first stopped and got gas, went inside and paid cash, no issues. I don't think the cashier or any other customers even noticed. I then proceeded to my destination.
    Once we got to the farmers market, we parked and then started walking to outside stands. As soon as we got the stands, I noticed two security guards (one was armed himself) just up ahead. I did get a bit nervous, but figured if I was going to get harassed, these were the guys who were going to do it. I walked by them, and they did glance, but I'm not sure if they even noticed my gun. After walking around for a bit, and checking out the junk for sale, we stopped at a booth and was making a purchase. And then it happened....
    "Is that gun real?" asked a guy who was standing next to me.
    "Yes sir" I replied.
    He then asked if I was a cop, to which I replied no. I simply stated that I am simply a law abiding citizen, and in PA you may OC a firearm if you choose to. He was shocked, and perhaps thought I had my information wrong. He didn't argue about it, but did say "I have never heard of such a law". He seemed even more shocked when I told him it didn't even require a permit. I did have a PA OC Pamphlet in my back pocket, and was very tempted to pass it along to him, but thought I may need it for a LEO, if I was stopped. Did some more shopping and another vendor had began talking to me.
    "You are the second person I have seen openly carrying a firearm here" he said.
    I simply responded "yeah, unfortunately most people don't know its legal, nor do they exercise their right to. He said it was a bit unusual to see, as he lived in NJ. Told me a story about guns, and we moved along. He didn't have a problem with guns or the fact that I had one. It seemed that he might be doing the same if he was a PA resident.
    All in all I was there for over a hour, and got just a few double takes, and glances. It was a positive experience, and was very comfortable to wear my firearm outside of my waistband for the first time in ten years!
    -Mark
    Good to hear everything went OK.

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    I was out the other day driving OC...which is technically CC....but was planning on adjusting my jacket properly when I got out of the car to CC...pulled into the parking lot...right in from of me 1 marked PSP and 4 Unmarked PSP rental vehicles, Nevada plates and such. All except one guy were in dark suits with lapell pins. I shit a brick. I wound up sitting in the car for 20 minutes +, suspisciously, while they all watched me, and waited for them to leave. I then exited and put on my jacket, then had to cut through the bushes to avoid walking by their convoy that had stopped at the end of the parking lot. I admire you OC guys. Someday maybe that will be me, but not now. Kudos to you!
    Don't sweat it Bro., if OC isn't your way to go, just CC, nobody will think any less of you.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Don't sweat it Bro., if OC isn't your way to go, just CC, nobody will think any less of you.
    I think less of me... :-(
    I have a big gun...at least if I ever decide to show it off I won't have anything to be ashamed of...my pistol I mean...yeah...that...

Good deal, I usually CC as well, OC smetimes when the time and place is right for me to. It's all about the 'comfortability factor' for me. like it says "a time and a place for everything"
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    I think less of me... :-(
    I have a big gun...at least if I ever decide to show it off I won't have anything to be ashamed of...my pistol I mean...yeah...that...
    Laughed my ass off!

As for mine, It's not big enough.

P-11perfectsetupSHOOTER

"This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun."

(Allegheny County)

since no one else will.........

that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Laughed my ass off!

As for mine, It's not big enough.

P-11perfectsetupSHOOTER
    Μολὼν λαβέ