Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default We are 11th in gun ownership. You won't believe who we are tied with.

Pennsylvania ranks 11th in gun ownership. There are only 88,000+ guns for almost 6 million people. Considering that average gun owner probably has 3 guns, we are talking only 30,000 individuals in the entire state. Here is the shocker. DC is No. 2. How? We even tie with Maryland!

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most...tag=ACQ812ebde

(Chester County)

Default Re: We are 11th in gun ownership. You won't believe who we are tied with.

Pretty amazing and disappointing stat. I suppose it has to do with the high liberal populations concentrated in and around the urban areas (Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Scranton-Wilkes Barre). It's also the reason why PA is a blue state.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: We are 11th in gun ownership. You won't believe who we are tied with.

"Registered firearms"

I'd say that the numbers are off, thanks to our not really having a registry.

(Perry County)

The numbers are wrong. PA still fields in excess of 500,000 deer hunters. They aren't sharing guns.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

I couldn't read through the entire link because it's slowing down by POS netbook but I did see the term "registered" so what records they are exactly going by who knows. I will say that too many people judge MD by Baltimore and Annapolis but go a little more South and there is a HUGE difference in the attitude compared to one or two small cities.

During 4th of July my brothers neighborhood in southern MD sounds like a WWII reenactment of the battle of the bulge.

(Perry County)

Apparently it's NFA items.

As America reels from yet another mass shooting, inevitable questions resurface about guns laws and the nation's pervasive firearm culture. Here is a look at per capita weapons data, based on the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and 2013 data from the U.S. Census.

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Those statistics are bogus and do not make any sense. What do you expect from CBS!

So by those numbers if everyone in the state just owned 1 firearm only 1.5% of all Pennsylvanians own a gun (15 per 1000 residences)?

Total BS.

s America reels from yet another mass shooting
    We are reeling from something? Why didn't anyone tell me? Was there another mass shooing or is this just old?

Works for me.

Out of the millions of guns in this state the gov. only knows of 88k.
    Pa for the win!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    "Registered firearms"

I'd say that the numbers are off, thanks to our not really having a registry.
    Yeah, sounds awfully low although how do you end up with an "unregistered" gun? Besides, I thought we were fighting gun registration to keep the government from knowing what we have. Looks like they already know, or think they know.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast