Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default CTD suspends sale to .gov

From the recent email of CTD Chronicle. They really are trying to buy us back.

Cheaper Than Dirt Supports Citizens'
    2nd Amendment Rights

Recently companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms announced they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states denying civilians to own those same items. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt's policy not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this sentiment.
    Has this always been their policy as stated or are they just saying that now in their attemp to buy us back?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: CTD suspends sale to .gov

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    From the recent email of CTD Chronicle. They really are trying to buy us back.

Has this always been their policy as stated or are they just saying that now in their attemp to buy us back?

I wonder about that with the others too. How much business did they do with NYS before?

(Lawrence County)

Fuck CTD. With that said I think if they were trying to buy anyone back they would lower the price of their $99 pmag. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-074 What I find hard to believe is that anyone was still using them after they pulled the same shit in 08.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I wonder about that with the others too. How much business did they do with NYS before?
    Screw them. I'm sure CTD did not do major volume with NYC. They are still trying to recover from the backlash of stabbing their customer base in the back. Did they really think they sold to mostly anti 2a people? How many catalogs do they send Feinstein and Bloomberg? Between that, their price gouging and ridiculous shipping charges they won't be seeing any of my money.

(Bucks County)

Agreed, and their .223 is just as jacked. Almost $1 per round.

Yea it will take alot more than this to ever get my business back. Yesterday friend of mine and I were reading the DECEMBER issue of Rifleman, and he noticed a CTD ad on a page. Just for giggles, he looked on their website on his phone to compare prices. The lists were for ammo. EVERY one of them was triple or more. TRIPLE. Also on backorder or just plain unavailable. But TRIPLE in price or more. In what 6 weeks? That is gouging, and they can go F themselves. All day long. Every single day of the week.

Good for them to get on board, only when every other business is on board will the companies that REALLY sell to states, like Glock, Remington, Hornady, Beretta, Mossberg, join our cause. Which is to say, never. Again, this is why boycotts rarely work. Those who can actually make the most impact stand to lose the most, and aren't really the brave folks they wish they were in their dreams. Also why despite things like Prohibition and Vietnam, we haven't had any major civil war in our country in 150 years. People are very content with their material objects and comfort successes. If only people would fight for something other than cable TV....

CTD is a puppet follower of the smaller gunshops leading the pack. It's the "little guys" that really give a shit, and are putting forth an example. CTD needs to hit the bottom of the barrel before they will truly understand what this country is going through. For now, screw'em. Once they hit rock bottom, and they realize how deep this issue really goes, then they will have a chance to earn my business. That may never happen. I hope that it does. For now, donating to a gun organization and refusing to sell to gov't agencies in some instances.... Who gives a shit when their pmags are $80? It's just smoke and mirrors. If they cared, it would be reflected in their pricing.

(Montgomery County)

To my knowledge, CTD has had this policy for a while and isn't something new.

(Indiana County)

Any company that takes the Ronnie Barrett approach is a boost to our liberty IMO, this doesn't mean I will buy from them, but still, if this has been their policy, good for them.

I sent an email to Barrett and received a reply years ago. I thanked them for supporting the citizens and the Second Amendment and told them if I could ever swing it, they are most certainly on my to get list.

BTW, I'm still not buying from CTD in case they missed it...

(Centre County)

Though this is cool...I doubt any govt. agencies buy from a place like CTD anyway..
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast