Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stupid People and Gun Paranoia

Ok well, I will start off by saying that this kid whoever it was is an idiot. Anyway...in the company of school officials and student staff tonight someone relayed a story of how someone who visited the campus had a gun, a scary scary gun....Apparently some guy came to party and brought his loaded ( I know, why bring an unloaded gun) semi-auto. I don't know why, but sure, whatever. He for some insane reason (alcohol maybe) decides to tell someone at the beginning of the night that he is armed. No one says anything. They have some drinks, the party gets loud and some other people are told about it, either by the armed subject or the person he told. Eventually, the original person who the subject told works up the courage to tell security about the friend. Police are all over it within minutes. They approach the subject and disarm him, remove him from the building and disassemble his firearm. To this point no one has even seen it. Finally, since he has an LTCF he is arrested for DC or DD or something like that, is banned from campus for life and if he returns will be arrested for criminal trespass.
    The kid is a moron, and I'm not going to carry on my college campus (Montgomery County PA), BUT...
    ...I was surprised to see the sheer terror that gripped all of the other people in the room. It was as if they had been told a WMD had been discovered in the dining hall. I was amazed, people were genuinely PO'd that this guy hadn't been arrested for a felony and that he would see the light of day sometime soon.
    Last edited by emsjeep; September 9th, 2008 at 09:14 PM.

Default Re: Stupid People and Gun Paranoia

Sheeple are numerous around college campuses! I am very close to carrying on campus due to the bad area of Philadelphia, but no way would I tell any1 about it unless that person was very close to me and could be trusted. This guy was an idiot since he took his weapon to a party and was drinking(?) and told someone about it. Stupid choice IMO.

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Dauphin County)

well he is a idiot for drinking and carrying a firearm and the TELLING people about it

(Dauphin County)

well mostly just an idiot for telling anyone.. doesnt hurt to have one or two drinks and i have (believe it or not) gone to parties and had nothing but tea or soda to drink.. usually while armed, but sometimes while not..
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    well mostly just an idiot for telling anyone.. doesnt hurt to have one or two drinks and i have (believe it or not) gone to parties and had nothing but tea or soda to drink.. usually while armed, but sometimes while not..
    +1. EGO... Let me say that again. EGO!!!

I CC every day. Period. Sometimes I OC, but even then I am still CC'ing.

I visit a bar for dinner several nights every week. Eat dinner, drink 2 or 3 beers, converse with my friends and leave.

After years of doing so only ONE person knows I am CC'ing. He is a corrections officer who loves handguns as much as I do, and he CC's as well.

If you're going to tell anyone you are CC'ing what's the point of doing so?

At that point you are better off OC'ing a 5" 1911.

Ego. Stupidity. Ignorance and total lack of common sense. Oh wait, can I say that here?
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

Yea... if that happned here at my school Lock Haven University... i would never hear the end of how bad guns are... nothing but inner city philly kids here... imature ignerent city kids...
    ΑΣΦ

I believe the term is "ig'nant" ... its just sad to see so many people so affraid of nothing. Even Virginia Tech kids said they wished they could have been carrying.

(York County)

Question on revealing....

I've revealed such knowledge on occasion. The two situations...

1. I was with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and her b/f. We were in Harrisburg having just seen Batman on IMAX. We were walking back to the parking garage our car was in and had just walked down a very very seedy street. We now had to wait for a security guard to come unlock the garage and let us in to get our car. Now, both my brother & sister in laws are extremely pro-gun libertarians. In order to comfort the fears of the environment, I let them know that I was presently packing. (Which totally surprised them as they didn't see where I could be carrying it. I was in shorts and a T-shirt. And this proved to be very comforting realization that even in such garb I was not being spotted.)

Now these are family, fairly close. And people I consider pro-gun friends. I've taken them shooting. My brother-in-law loved my .45 and is planning to get one in the near future. (The b/f was a non issue as he was returning to Pakistan in 2 days.) To what extent do you limit knowledge within the circle of close family? Versus being an advocate and mentor to those who you know are pro-gun. And with a little nudging would at the least be gun owners, and quite possibly CC'rs?

2. I found another shooter at work. We're starting to go out shooting regularly. He know's I'm licensed and I am encouraging him to get his LTCF as well. He plans to but was waiting for a course. I advised him since a course wasn't needed, get it now before Obama/Rendell make it harder. That made sense to him. I also mentioned to him, as our workplace borders a "not the nicest neighborhood" of Lancaster. That if anything ever happened that I keep mine in my vehicle during work. And if I was down, he had permission to extract it. Is this an okay thing, within the confines of shooting buddies.

3. I also got spotted by a co-worker who I carpooled with. He's pretty pro-gun into hunting. Essentially, it was the transition from out of my vehicle and into my house. (Ironically, when we hit a dear on the way home a few weeks before, I was amazingly enough able to maneuver to keep both him and the dealer taxi driver from noticing as I extracted my .45 from my car's center console and mounted it on my hip covered only by my button down shirt. *lol*

(Dauphin County)

i wouldnt worry about family so much moreso that you know they are progun.. co workers are more fo a worry , most people i meet are more worried about fitting in and getting the scoop on gossip with other co-workers, yea men as much as women from what i have seen lately..

hopefully he understands what concealed means and appreciates the situation.
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    hopefully he understands what concealed means and appreciates the situation.
    He seems too. He's more the quiet type anyways. But he's a bit shy on the whole gun thing. I let him borrow a book I had by Masad Ayoob on hand gun self defense. He didn't bring it home the first couple days and finally brought home when he stayed late and could carry it under his arm without drawing notice. (Which I kind of chuckled at, because when I carried it in. I rolled it to minimize any visible print and tucked under my arm to conceal most of it as well.)

Us noobs, totally paranoid that we'll scare the crap out of anyone who knows we have guns. Strangely, their is strength in numbers. And just having one other shooter makes me more bold. (That, and having my job approve my NRA courses (First Steps, Basic Pistol, Basic Home Defense) for our tuition reimbursement program (80% off...woot), also led to me being a bit less scaredy-cat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast