Hey folks!

I'll try and be as brief as I can be!

I lived in NY for years before making my escape to lovely Henryville (Around the Tannersville area) where I lived for 10 years about. Unfortunately, life situations forced me to move back to NY against my will. After around 8 years here, I am on my way back. I miss everything about living in PA and my girlfriend and I are thrilled to make our way back. There is just one problem...lots can change in 8 or 9 years...

I am hearing that the area we were in sort of started catching a lot of elements from Mount Pocono/East Stroudsburg etc. First question...is it all that bad there ?

Second, the last time I lived in PA I needed to be a bit closer to NY for work. Now, I am more remote based so it's of less a concern. I have been looking at Pike and Wayne counties primarily but I am open to others.

Can folks make some reasonable suggestions of what areas I might want to pinpoint? Again it can be in either of those counties or one close by (I can't move too far West/North because I have elderly relatives here I will need to help from time to time.) I will be buying a home, and my primary desires for area are not too crowded, close to basic amenities like shopping etc. and low in crime. School district is irrelevant as we do not have children. The crime is the big one though. Although my significant other will be carrying, ultimately I'd rather not worry about her while she is out shopping or running errands or while she is home alone. Let's face it, I don't want to deal with PCP level shenanigans either.

I have been doing my best to research online, but honestly, I value the input of folks here who have similar values to myself.

Help me come home fellas and ladies!