Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PAFOA Mobile??

(Lehigh County)

Default PAFOA Mobile??

I dont know how all this fancy schmacy computer interweb stuff works but I know a couple other non-gun related forums I frequent have mobile versions for people that view on mobile devices. Is there any plan for something like this or would there even be a demand for it?? I know how much i am on my blackberry and I would definately use it!!! Just a rambling thought..........
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PAFOA Mobile??

I post to PAFOA from my 3G iPhone all the time. I used to do the same from my 7800 BlackBerry when I had it.

If you have a "real" BlackBerry, not the watered-down cell phone versions, you should be able to use whatever browser you have to navigate the forum pages.

Even the "pop-up" things work for me... Like the rep features and such. Play with your device a little... It should work.

(Lehigh County)

I do view and post from my blackberry. I'm actually doing it right now.
    I just think the mobile editions seem to easier to navigate and was just curious about it.......

(Philadelphia County)

It's something I think would be neat, but ultimately I think the cost versus the benefit would be very poor compared to other projects I'm working on. Very few people view the site from mobile phones and it would take me weeks worth of time to get a mobile skin going, not to mention maintaining it over time. The time is better spent elsewhere.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

when i read the title (pafoa mobile) i thought you meant getting one of those full body stickers on your car.. now that would be cool
    FJB

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    It's something I think would be neat, but ultimately I think the cost versus the benefit would be very poor compared to other projects I'm working on. Very few people view the site from mobile phones and it would take me weeks worth of time to get a mobile skin going, not to mention maintaining it over time. The time is better spent elsewhere.
    That's kinda what I figured.....

(Allegheny County)

Yea, that's what I figured too. I was expecting something like this with danp's arm hanging out with an M-16 in his hand:

(Allegheny County)

Where is everyone? I thought with my amazing artwork I would get a rep point...although I don't know that they mean but everyone seems to seek them out.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by st.marys View Post
    Where is everyone? I thought with my amazing artwork I would get a rep point...although I don't know that they mean but everyone seems to seek them out.
    ok but the rep was for the pic!!
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Spend some time developing a converter app that passes all of the SaaS and other ASP standards' craziness which is actually value-added that easily adapts standard pages to mobile format on autopilot and you'll have more $$ than you can figure out how to spend on PAFOA or boats/cars/women/etc. And, if I'm in the dark and there's a seamlessly integrate-able way to do so... PM resumes.

God, I hate the fact that I'm being forced into learning IT shat. Nurse?? I pulled my IV out again I'm still not dead.
    F*S=k

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast