Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Lyme Disease

Lightbulb Lyme Disease

There's no Barrier against this at the Mason-Dixon!
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=4383

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Lyme Disease

I had a very bad case of Lymes Dissease go undiagnosed for QUITE some time.

It has been debilitating at times (joint pain, tiredness, and other internal issue) and i do not wish this on anyone.

Take care when going out...even walking the dog.

I was lucky my physician (eventually) decided to take the symptoms and do a test for lymes (there are 2)... I passed (failed) both with flying colors.

Take care out there... it sucks... it has not gotten better (joint pain) but hopefully there will not be long term heath (other than pain) effects.

Wear as much bug repellant as you can stand, tuck pants inside of socks, and wear a hat, and check the dog after going out side... those are the only defenses we have

(Luzerne County)

did you know you can get your dog immunized for lyme disease? our vet tells us that it is safer for the dog to be treated for the disease than to be immunized against it.

go figure.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    did you know you can get your dog immunized for lyme disease? our vet tells us that it is safer for the dog to be treated for the disease than to be immunized against it.

go figure.
    Yes... but when the dog comes inthe house with the tick on it's back... and climbs in to bed... then you now have the tick in the bed.

Not too worried about the dog's health at that point... have already spent a fortune on saving him from death once... he is a good dog... but has had his share of the health care funds

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinakorp View Post
    Yes... but when the dog comes inthe house with the tick on it's back... and climbs in to bed... then you now have the tick in the bed.

Not too worried about the dog's health at that point... have already spent a fortune on saving him from death once... he is a good dog... but has had his share of the health care funds
    there is nothing like a dog. i can not remember a time when i didn't have one. can't think of a time that i won't have one.