Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Walmart Pottstown

Yesterday I had to run into the local Walmart here in Pottstown...I carry there openly all the time with no big deal. Yesterday though as I walked past two Walmart employees I saw them notice the pistol I was carrying. Then this happens:

Wlmrt: Sir!
    (I kept walking in case they weren't talking to me)
    Wlmrt: Excuse me SIR!
    (now I know they are talking to me)
    Me: Yes?
    Wlmrt: Can you please cover up your firearm while you're in the store?
    (I am NOT carrying my LTCF at this time, left it in the car on purpose as well as my PADL)
    Me: I can't, I don't have my license with me.
    Wlmrt: huh?
    Me: You are asking me to break the law by covering up my weapon.
    Wlmrt: OK..well, can't argue with that then. Have a good day!

Then I went about my business with no further issues...all in all a fine day.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Walmart Pottstown

If the person asking you to cover up was so easily dissuaded by your answer, the question should not have been asked in the first place. Just MHO.
    Junior

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    If the person asking you to cover up was so easily dissuaded by your answer, the question should not have been asked in the first place. Just MHO.
    Some people have to be slapped in the face with common sense before they realize something.

It's funny how they're so quick to jump on someone though, until the situation turns around onto them ("are you asking me to break the law?") THAT changes the whole situation.
    III%

(Chester County)

Nice! I've been to that one (on 100) several times, but CC.

(Venango County)

The only reason they let you continue to OC was because there were obviously no children in the store. Think of the children, we don't want these guns giving them rabies.

On a more serious note, quick thinking, and common sense. Two very good (although rare at times) things. Rep inbound.

(Venango County)

What was your attire (shirt specifically)?

I will not jump to a conclusion, but will allow that the person may have thought your mode of carry was concealed and for some reason, unbeknownst to you, it became open carried or unconcealed.

If I were to assume the OP's answer was known to be the law by the employee, especially since the employee assented to allow his entrance as OC, then it is logical to conclude that employee would only be drawing attention that the firearm was in the open. The employee may not have worded it the best way possible, but who can on the fly while winging the conversation in a split second?

Or the employee just blew it off, which is possible but less likely, considering the scenario in total.

I would tend to give this a thumbs up for that reason.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Berks County)

I was wearing a pair of brown dockers and a dress shirt tucked in....they could tell I was open carrying on purpose.

(Montgomery County)

This OC stuff....I swear.

Since I joined this forum I have read the OC posts and have seen a LOT of members here posting about specific places my job takes me to regularly. For the record, I support OC and respect those who OC but I strictly CC for my own personal reasons and hope I am respected as well. And also for the record, I haul gas for a living and if i tried to OC or CC while on duty I would be vilotaing so many State and Fed laws I would be locked up for life.

OK, with all that said, and I`m kind of laughing at myself, I deliver gas to WAWA`s, Turkey Hills, Redner`s, etc. in the Allentown, Reading areas. I`ve heard guys post about being at the specific stores I deliver to and I`ve been watching and catching a lot of guys with cell phones on their hips, Leatherman tools, flashlights, but have yet to see one "in the wild" OCing so I can bust his balls and say, "Yo Dude, you a cop or something?"....LOL

Are you guys invisible?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
    This OC stuff....I swear.

Since I joined this forum I have read the OC posts and have seen a LOT of members here posting about specific places my job takes me to regularly. For the record, I support OC and respect those who OC but I strictly CC for my own personal reasons and hope I am respected as well. And also for the record, I haul gas for a living and if i tried to OC or CC while on duty I would be vilotaing so many State and Fed laws I would be locked up for life.

OK, with all that said, and I`m kind of laughing at myself, I deliver gas to WAWA`s, Turkey Hills, Redner`s, etc. in the Allentown, Reading areas. I`ve heard guys post about being at the specific stores I deliver to and I`ve been watching and catching a lot of guys with cell phones on their hips, Leatherman tools, flashlights, but have yet to see one "in the wild" OCing so I can bust his balls and say, "Yo Dude, you a cop or something?"....LOL

Are you guys invisible?
    This is something I don't know about. Care to explain more?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by chipminto View Post
    I was wearing a pair of brown dockers and a dress shirt tucked in....they could tell I was open carrying on purpose.
    In which case, my prior post is voided.

Their reaction would then fall into the not logical reasoning crowd in more than one view in the same scenario. This latter case is much more perplexing!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast