Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default I wish I was a cop??????

So my preference is to conceal but I do oc as well. Whenever my wife is with me and I go the OC route she feels the need to remind me that Im not a cop. I love the woman dearly but every time she says that it drives me crazy. She thinks people who OC wish they were cops. Now in my personal situation she may be right. I have taken a number of entry exams for local PDs and the closest I ever made it was to number 19 on the Lancaster City list. Do I wish I was a cop? Honestly, yes I do. Is that why I OC? No at least I dont think so but I admit that knowing certain people assume Im in law enforcement when they see me carrying doesnt sound like such a bad thing. I guess Ill throw it out there.......how many of you guys are/were looking for a career as a leo?

Default Re: I wish I was a cop??????

Not me, never wanted to be, don't want to be.

I have a very low tolerance for stupidity and criminals.

(Northumberland County)

i always wanted to work for USSS (United Stated Secret Service), i think their job is cool and they pack the best heat.

Been there, done that, got the stab wounds, and bullet hole pictures of the patrol car!!! Seriously, I loved the job but the pay sucked!!! So, back in the Army for me and after I retire, yeah, I'll put a badge back on and I might be able to afford living!!! LOL

(Jefferson County)

Have you tried hitting her to remind her that you're not a pimp either?

When I do get the chance to carry I conceal carry, just my preference.
    Did I ever want to be a Cop? Yes at one time, long ago. Never pursued it, and now It's way, way, too late. Ever try just telling her to shut up? Just saying

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    So my preference is to conceal but I do oc as well. Whenever my wife is with me and I go the OC route she feels the need to remind me that Im not a cop. I love the woman dearly but every time she says that it drives me crazy. She thinks people who OC wish they were cops. Now in my personal situation she may be right. I have taken a number of entry exams for local PDs and the closest I ever made it was to number 19 on the Lancaster City list. Do I wish I was a cop? Honestly, yes I do. Is that why I OC? No at least I dont think so but I admit that knowing certain people assume Im in law enforcement when they see me carrying doesnt sound like such a bad thing. I guess Ill throw it out there.......how many of you guys are/were looking for a career as a leo?
    im actually getting myself in shape for police academy, i need to lose about 25-30lbs however I have not decided whether or not to join PSP or Philadelphia police academy

(Luzerne County)

Only time I've ever wished to be a cop is when i see some moron here in Wilkes-Barre run the red light or I see a obviously drunk driver. But seriously what the hell is with all the red light runners here!? I've traveled all over the southern states all the way to Texas. I've been to Chicago as well but I have never in any state I have been in seen so many people run a redlight.

(Northampton County)

Never. But if I had 1,000 years of life, I would probably put in 20.

There can be only One!!!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartsab View Post
    Only time I've ever wished to be a cop is when i see some moron here in Wilkes-Barre run the red light or I see a obviously drunk driver. But seriously what the hell is with all the red light runners here!? I've traveled all over the southern states all the way to Texas. I've been to Chicago as well but I have never in any state I have been in seen so many people run a redlight.
    Red lights cameras!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast