Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Approaching 45th calander day and still no mail from PPD regarding LTCF

They tried to pull the 8-10 weeks card while at my interview. Friday will make the 45th calander day. If there is no response by Friday or Monday, what actions can be taken for violation of the law by PPD?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Approaching 45th calander day and still no mail from PPD regarding LTCF

You can call them and you will get the classic line that they mailed out the letter already. They pulled that stunt with my girlfriend, she called and they told her to come down and pick it up. So hopefully that work for you. Good Luck!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Approaching 45th calander day and still no mail from PPD regarding LTCF

They take the position that it is 45 WORKING days.... not saying that it is correct but that is what they say

(Philadelphia County)

When I applied for mine they put the wrong address on there so it got sent back to them. Never notified me. I found out on day 43 when I went up the office to see what the deal was.
    Go in, tell them you're there to check the status as it's been almost 45 days. Sign in under "other" then wait your turn and tell them what's up. I got mine then and there without further problems

(Philadelphia County)

Day 44, today the letter came. Will go up tomorrow to pick it up. Oddly enough the letter is dated the 8th.

Jeez, so glad I live in the United States of Carbon County... 10 minute LTCF (To Paraphrase JG Wentworth: It's your rights, use it when YOU need it!)

(Philadelphia County)

I bought my house in Feb. I was actually thinking of a place in Delaware County in Woodlyn, but my wife didn't want it. She wanted to stay in the city. So we are in one of the area's that hasn't been taken over by drugs yet. The Whitman neighborhood in South Philly.

(Fayette County)

Best thing to do is just go back where you applied and politely ask them to see if your application has been updated.
    Thats what I did on day 26 of waiting and I was out the door in 10 minutes with my LTCF in hand.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782 View Post
    I bought my house in Feb. I was actually thinking of a place in Delaware County in Woodlyn, but my wife didn't want it. She wanted to stay in the city. So we are in one of the area's that hasn't been taken over by drugs yet. The Whitman neighborhood in South Philly.
    Treat her like a cult member. Once she is clear for a year she will never go back.