Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Have you ever been satisfied with your collection?

I find myself in strange territory. I'm happy with my gun collection right now and I'm not looking for anything new! I feel like I have all the bases covered. Is this a serious condition? Should I be worried? LOL.

PS: come to think of it...I don't own a shotgun right now...

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Have you ever been satisfied with your collection?

You need to seek medical attention ASAP go to the nearest LGS right now, they can treat your illness and best part is its cheaper then obomacare

To answer your question no not till I own them all

(Allegheny County)

LOL I thought I was, but realized I don't have a .22 bolt action - the first gun I ever owned.

Funny how some guns are desired for their function, quality, or collector status, but this one is just a cheap rifle - A Marlin/Glenfield model 25.
    It's the model I was given at around age 10 and I'd like to find one for the memories it will bring.

I'd also like a semi-auto shotgun at some point, but it's not a "must have".

And then there's the M1 Carbine, and the Spanish FR-8, and the French MAS, and the various AK47s, and...

While I am very happy with what I DO have, I guess the answer is "no".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wayne County)

No I just added 2 marlins to the gun safe and would like to get either a 6.5 swede or a 264 win mag winchester extreme.

(Allegheny County)

I'm never really happy as I always want something else. But recently with the ammo situation and current prices I have not bought anything gun related, I'm about ready to sell a bunch of guns and buy a nice fishing boat, something I can enjoy without spending a fortune to feed it.

Content yes, satisfied no. I have 3 Grail guns that seem to elude me, M1A, Python, German K98.
    Then there is ones I own that I don't use but would have a hard time selling. My 1942 1911A Army is one of those. I don't shoot it but I know if I sell it I will never have another one.
    Right now I want another pump 12ga, a double barrel 12ga, a 4" .357 S&W, a Hi-cap .45acp pistol, a full size 9mm pistol. The problem is my pockets just aren't that deep and I have many other things that are priorities right now, so unless it's a steal I'm hanging tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    LOL I thought I was, but realized I don't have a .22 bolt action - the first gun I ever owned.

Funny how some guns are desired for their function, quality, or collector status, but this one is just a cheap rifle - A Marlin/Glenfield model 25.
    It's the model I was given at around age 10 and I'd like to find one for the memories it will bring.

I'd also like a semi-auto shotgun at some point, but it's not a "must have".

And then there's the M1 Carbine, and the Spanish FR-8, and the French MAS, and the various AK47s, and...

While I am very happy with what I DO have, I guess the answer is "no".
    My sons Marlin 25 with a cheap as BSA scope is one of my favorites right now. I love the full size and accuracy for plinking at home.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    Content yes, satisfied no. I have 3 Grail guns that seem to elude me, M1A, Python, German K98.
    Then there is ones I own that I don't use but would have a hard time selling. My 1942 1911A Army is one of those. I don't shoot it but I know if I sell it I will never have another one.
    Right now I want another pump 12ga, a double barrel 12ga, a 4" .357 S&W, a Hi-cap .45acp pistol, a full size 9mm pistol. The problem is my pockets just aren't that deep and I have many other things that are priorities right now, so unless it's a steal I'm hanging tight.

My sons Marlin 25 with a cheap as BSA scope is one of my favorites right now. I love the full size and accuracy for plinking at home.
    Does it have checkering on the stock?
    I'm trying to verify that it's a Glenfield model that I'm looking for.

Mine had no checkering and the wood, as I recall, and wasn't as dark as most rifle stocks are finished. It had a 7 rd magazine and I believe the safety was a "button" on the upper edge of the stock that was pushed forward/back.
    It had a simple 4x scope, but I don't know if it came with that.

I think the Glenfields were cheaper versions of the Marlins and that would make sense, as we had very little money when I was a kid and it's more likely I was given the Glenfield.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Mine had no checkering and the wood, as I recall, and wasn't as dark as most rifle stocks are finished. It had a 7 rd magazine and I believe the safety was a "button" on the upper edge of the stock that was pushed forward/back.

I think the Glenfields were cheaper versions of the Marlins and that would make sense, as we had very little money when I was a kid and it's more likely I was given the Glenfield.
    Everything is as you say and my stock is checkered. It say 25n on it.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Chester County)

I have a Glenfield M60 and I like mine I know some Glenfields have a squirrel themed engraving on the grip and forend.
    Last edited by ATBackpackin; December 8th, 2013 at 02:27 PM.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Bucks County)

I always feel like that right after I buy "my very last gun" but then discover, this too will pass
    Jesus is Lord !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast