Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default what kind of rifles can be used in chester county

is it that you cant use centerfire rifles in chester county, can u use a rimfire rifle

(York County)

Default Re: what kind of rifles can be used in chester county

Quote Originally Posted by aidanbicer View Post
    is it that you cant use centerfire rifles in chester county, can u use a rimfire rifle
    For what, deer? small game?
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

rimfire only in chester co. for small game.
    "343" Never Forgotten

(Bucks County)

All the information is in your PGC booklet that came with your hunting license.

(Chester County)

What kind of rifles? Rimfire for small game, that's it! If hunting big game, you better be using either a shotgun(read slug gun) or a muzzleloader.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ihunt49 View Post
    All the information is in your PGC booklet that came with your hunting license.
    Agreed! No offense towards the OP but there are way too many people that get on here and ask any old question (sometimes a question that has already been asked several times in numerous threads) without taking the time to read the regulations in the manual that all of us have. You are given the manual for a reason! It has all of the answers to all of your questions right there inside.

Now I know that some of it can be vague and wordy but take the time to look it up, read it over, and give it some thought. Then if you are still looking for answers use the "search" feature on this site to see if it was preciously discussed.

Once again I am sorry if it seems that I am attacking the OP, I guess it's late and I'm easily frustrated. Gotta get to bed.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    Agreed! No offense towards the OP but there are way too many people that get on here and ask any old question (sometimes a question that has already been asked several times in numerous threads) without taking the time to read the regulations in the manual that all of us have. You are given the manual for a reason! It has all of the answers to all of your questions right there inside.

Now I know that some of it can be vague and wordy but take the time to look it up, read it over, and give it some thought. Then if you are still looking for answers use the "search" feature on this site to see if it was preciously discussed.

Once again I am sorry if it seems that I am attacking the OP, I guess it's late and I'm easily frustrated. Gotta get to bed.
    Okay feddog82, did you ever think that just maybe some of us dont have the manuals that you said all of us have. I will be a first time hunter this coming spring gobbler season, and therefore did not have the PGC booklet.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by aidanbicer View Post
    Okay feddog82, did you ever think that just maybe some of us dont have the manuals that you said all of us have. I will be a first time hunter this coming spring gobbler season, and therefore did not have the PGC booklet.
    Then its your duty(obligation) to get hold of the manual and read it cover to cover before heading afield. Its irresponsible, let alone foolhardy to go hunting without knowing the laws. And with the ever changing system we have in PA it behooves you to do so, YEARLY.....Do yourself a favor go to Wal_mart and ask if they have any leftover copies. If not, go to the local courthouse or contact the PGC directly, or borrow a friend's copy. Just don't head afield without knowing the law, unless you relish hearing the judge say "ignorance of the law is no excuse!"

(Delaware County)

Every hunting license sold "over the counter" is accompanied with an issue of "Hunting Annual" or "Hunting and Trapping Digest" which is the regulations booklet + facts from last years research and harvests. If you decide to purchase your license via the internet it is your responsibility to aquire a copy of "Hunting Annual" or use said internet (where you may have purchased your license) to read or print a copy of "Hunting and Trapping Digest".

Here is a link the the PGC website where all questions asked can be answered.
    http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/p...igest_Full.pdf
    Last edited by Feddog82; January 6th, 2009 at 06:13 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    Then its your duty(obligation) to get hold of the manual and read it cover to cover before heading afield. Its irresponsible, let alone foolhardy to go hunting without knowing the laws. And with the ever changing system we have in PA it behooves you to do so, YEARLY.....Do yourself a favor go to Wal_mart and ask if they have any leftover copies. If not, go to the local courthouse or contact the PGC directly, or borrow a friend's copy. Just don't head afield without knowing the law, unless you relish hearing the judge say "ignorance of the law is no excuse!"
    Did you not here me say that I have never hunted before. I have yet to take the hunting course(taking it in march) and was just curious if I would be able to shoot groundhogs on my farm with a .22 rimfire. I obviously just went on here to find one law that I had trouble finding elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast