Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Cops Shoot Woman in Face, Laugh About It

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Cops Shoot Woman in Face, Laugh About It

Is a "Fuck the police" appropriate here? Present company excluded, of course.

With attitudes like this, almost as if they're saying, "F- the public," when they come knocking for your guns, then you'll turn your views. Aran, you're still a young pup with a lot to learn...

(Indiana County)

What? Try that again, but a little more sensical.

(Berks County)

Just amazing... their attitudes are exactly the problem with an excessive police presence. And I have to give it to the protester, a lawyer who knew EXACTLY what she could and couldn't do. She knew EXACTLY how to handle the situation when force was applied: make sure everyone, including the media, saw how she was treated for simply exercising her 1st Amendment right.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

A Notice:

No one said that freedom of speech, and a republic form of government was easy.
    The blood of many a countryman has been spilled to insure this simple right.
    We must, as a people, encourage the right to speak out against injustice whenever it rears its ugly head.
    This woman has stated such a problem... she has taken the time, and made the effort to bring this to our attention...
    It is our duty to confront, and address such an injustice.
    May we do so in an intelligent, informed manner so that our enemies may see that we, as a people, will not allow such injustice to continue unchallenged. There will be consequences assigned to such injustice.
    Step forward, all ye men (and women) of good faith and intent. Bring forward the rights of man, and deny the dark forces to rule upon us.

mrwildroot, 2008
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

(Westmoreland County)

I'm convinced...when the order to seize our weapons comes down the chain, these punk ass cops will be all for it because of their power trip attitudes!

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Those cops are lucky that bullet didn't hit her in the eye. This is just bullshit. I believe shooting is only justified when your life is in danger.

How is a lady in high heels with a cardboard sign any danger to a cop in full riot geat with a helmet, shield, and about 50 of his buddies to either side?

Also accidents happen, cops have negligent discharges, and if allowed to use rubber bullets at will there is always a posibility a cop will have live amunition in the chamber while not knowing it. I don't like the idea of police shooting at people they don't want to kill thinking it's only rubber. WHAT IF IT'S NOT!

(Bucks County)

Usually, I think protestors are sissies with a save-the-whales agenda who never accomplish anything, but in this case I fully support her.

There is no reason, read: NO reason, that the police should have fired on her.

My sister got hit, back in July, with a pool toy [a rubber 'torpedo' type] in the eye while she was out of the water. It fractured her eye socket, and crushed her eye, which had to be removed.

If a pool toy can do that to someone, imagine what a rubber bullet traveling exponentially faster can do to someone. An unarmed woman, in a suit, with a sign... Those police are lucky they didn't permanently injure that woman.

What a sad state of affairs we have.