Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Selling to person in NJ

Can someone from pa sell a long gun( hunting rifle, shotgun) to a person living in NJ legally?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Selling to person on NJ

IF you mean face to face, I am not sure, I would err on the side of caution and go through an FFL for the transfer. The buyer must have a NJ FOID card though. The other issue is NJ's Assault weapon ban....whole slew of stuff banned in NJ.

That being said, when I was a NJ subject I had no problem buying long guns in PA and Delaware at shops and gunshows with my NJ Firearms ID (FOID).
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Wayne County)

I mean out of the trunk in pa to a nj resident ?

(Wayne County)

Selling just a 12 gauge hunting shotgun

(Erie County)

state to state = federal jurisdiction = federal law = I have no idea

I've seen lambo on the this site mention he does FTF with PA residents and he lives in Maryland. I have no idea what the federal laws on it are. If you look on Arfcom people constantly sell FTF between adjoining states, for what its worth.

I do know you can buy from an adjoining state when using a FFL, and involving long guns, not sure about handguns.

(Montgomery County)

Everyone needs to read the ATF FAQs.... theres no reason y'all shouldn't know this, its been discussed bunches of times.

when selling across state lines, both rifles and handguns MUST involve a FFL.

PERIOD.

there is NO legal face to face across state lines unde federal law, regardless of what your STATE law may say.

PERIOD.

anyone who purchases/sells a handgun or longarm to/from a resident of another state FTF is committing a felony.

see the FAQs.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b1

B1) To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

(B2) From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

(B3) May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State?

A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser's State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.
    Last edited by JayBell; March 26th, 2007 at 01:56 AM.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Selling to person in NJ

I probably should have known this. Thanks for the info

(Bucks County)

Why are you even talking to any from NJ? I hear they have cooddies

(Wayne County)

What was I thinking

(Perry County)

I'm going to the Jersey Shore in a few weeks for vacation. You mean to tell me that I can't take my handgun with me? JUST KIDDING!!!!! I don't know why we even vacation in the People's Republic of New Jersey. Oh wait...friends with a beach house we use for free...that's it!

Dave G.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast