Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle code ?

(Lebanon County)

Default Vehicle code ?

Is it in there somewhere and if so, can anyone cite it for me (or if it's somewhere else maybe) that you MUST have your DL with you when you're driving a vehicle? There is an ongoing debate between myself and another person about this and I'd like to know which one of us is correct. Like I said, I sure don't see it in there but I may have missed it. TIA.

Default Re: Vehicle code ?

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Is it in there somewhere and if so, can anyone cite it for me (or if it's somewhere else maybe) that you MUST have your DL with you when you're driving a vehicle? There is an ongoing debate between myself and another person about this and I'd like to know which one of us is correct. Like I said, I sure don't see it in there but I may have missed it. TIA.
    § 1511. Carrying and exhibiting driver's license on demand.

(a) General rule.--Every licensee shall possess a driver's license issued to the licensee at all times when driving a motor vehicle and shall exhibit the license upon demand by a police officer, and when requested by the police officer the licensee shall write the licensee's name in the presence of the officer in order to provide identity.

(b) Production to avoid penalty.--No person shall be convicted of violating this section or section 1501(a)
    (relating to drivers required to be licensed) if the person:
    (1) produces at the headquarters of the police officer who demanded to see the person's license,
    within 15 days of the demand, a driver's license valid in this Commonwealth at the time of the demand; or

(2) if a citation has been filed, produces at the office of the issuing authority, within 15 days of
    the filing of the citation, a driver's license valid in this Commonwealth on the date of the citation

(Lebanon County)

Thank you!!!

Last edited by mikey; March 7th, 2010 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    § 1511. Carrying and exhibiting driver's license on demand.

(a) General rule.--Every licensee shall possess a driver's license issued to the licensee at all times when driving a motor vehicle and shall exhibit the license upon demand by a police officer, and when requested by the police officer the licensee shall write the licensee's name in the presence of the officer in order to provide identity.

(b) Production to avoid penalty.--No person shall be convicted of violating this section or section 1501(a)
    (relating to drivers required to be licensed) if the person:
    (1) produces at the headquarters of the police officer who demanded to see the person's license,
    within 15 days of the demand, a driver's license valid in this Commonwealth at the time of the demand; or

(2) if a citation has been filed, produces at the office of the issuing authority, within 15 days of
    the filing of the citation, a driver's license valid in this Commonwealth on the date of the citation
    Kinda like a LTCF............

Thank you!!!
    Your very welcome!

Gee, do I get to rub my face in your boobs now.... like Schevelle did?

(Lebanon County)

mikey, it depends on how you look at it. The first part DOES say you are to have it with you at ALL times. My mother said earlier today that no she did not believe that to be true. I assured her I would have an answer for her by the end of the day and of course she said "yes, I'm sure you will!" I know her retort will be "oh but did you read the part where it says you can show your license after the fact...blah blah blah...." and my answer is that this is not the point. it SAYS you are to have it with you AT ALL times while driving which is EXACTLY what I told her this morning. The debate was not about whether one would be cited on the spot.

HiredGoon...if you can reach them from there...

HiredGoon...if you can reach them from there...
    Actually, I'm posting from my BlackBerry right outside your house... see ya in a few seconds

(Lebanon County)

Stalk much? LOL! I'm just now reading this but too funny how you posted that because I was out front about the time you posted it. ha ha.

(Lawrence County)

Yeah, you are supposed to have it, but you also get 15 days to produce it if you don't... so i think she won.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast