Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: ruger finally releases the 3inch LCRX in 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    In this case, someone needs to get their heart checked, because their brain isn't getting enough oxygen.

I've been watching the market for .327 Mag GP100s for a few months. There have been six or seven on GB recently. That 4" you mentioned was listed at the same time as a 6" by the same guy. I told my wife that no one was going bid on the 6" at $1600+. Boy was I wrong; that thing went for stupid money. The 4" ended with no bids. Guess the guy relisted it. 4" versions have consistently gone for $1100-1200 in the past three weeks. No way I'm paying that for a a basic GP100, no matter what the caliber may be. A .357 mag GP100 can be had for $600. I was willing to go a little more for the Lipsey's version because those are rarer and nicer than the basic stainless GP100s. I have one in 10mm and it's one of my favorites. But I'm not spending $1400 for one.

I'm patient. I will wait an eternity to find the right deal. My hope is with S&W and Taurus adding .32 H&R and .327 mag offering to their catalogs that Ruger will bring back the GP100 in .327. We'll see how that works out.
    nah i just dont believe in denying myself something i want when i can afford it... all that time wasted waiting and im not enjoying it.
    some people go to the bar every weekend or blow money on other things - i dont.
    i get alot more fun and use out of purchases like these instead of a perishable pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    nah i just dont believe in denying myself something i want when i can afford it... all that time wasted waiting and im not enjoying it.
    some people go to the bar every weekend or blow money on other things - i dont.
    i get alot more fun and use out of purchases like these instead of a perishable pleasures.
    Just because I can afford something doesn't mean it's a wise purchase. It's like when my wife asked me what I want for my birthday and I jokingly said "How about an Ohio Ordnance Works BAR?" and she said "If that's what you really want, go for it." Can I afford an $8k rifle? Sure. Is it a wise purchase? Nope. So many other things I could buy with $8k. I don't need something that I will shoot a few times a year and then stick in a safe the rest of the time. When I run out of other things to buy, I might entertain getting one.

In the case of the GP100, it's not a wise purchase because the price is artificially inflated. I walked away from a stainless GP100 in .327 a few weeks ago at the Oaks gun show because it was the same price as the Lipsey's GP100 I was already stalking. I could have saved a decent chunk of change over what they're going for on GB right now. That tells me I can come across something similar again. Not in a rush. Got other things on my list I can buy in the meantime.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    This is why I went with the LCR in .327 Mag. Six shots, and I can run anything from 32 ACP to 32 S&W Short or Long, to 32 H&R Mag, and .327 Mag. Now if I could only find a 7-shot GP100 in .327 Mag, I'd be a happy man.
    I agree with you on all points. I also carry an LCR .327. what's more, it's the only one my wife will use.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12