Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: A new hurdle to jump during the handgun purchase

I like the joy of selling myself a handgun and just repeating the same name and addr in all blanks. Buyer, employer, and shop selling person filling it out and calling myself in.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Just came across some paperwork from a purchase a few years ago. I had written "retired" in the employer block. Didn't think anything of it at the time so didn't remember it. I assume it's there for a contact of the employer for a background check, but probably never gets used?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Just came across some paperwork from a purchase a few years ago. I had written "retired" in the employer block. Didn't think anything of it at the time so didn't remember it. I assume it's there for a contact of the employer for a background check, but probably never gets used?
    My wife had no exposure to firearms until we met. She got her first LTCF sometime around 1997. When she got to the employer information on the application, she got all worried because she did not want her employer to know that she was applying as she felt it may cause a problem. I told her not to worry about it as they probably won't call and if they do, they couldn't say what it was about. She was still very worried so I told her to use HR's phone number and stop by the HR manager's office and tell him that he may get a call from the Delco Sheriff department for a reference check. When she did that, the manager's response was "What, for a gun permit? No problem." They never did call.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123