I recently purchase a spare magazine carrier for a Magpul adjustable stocked AR-15 carbine. It carries a 20 round reload on the gun and to skip to the to chase: it's excellent!

www.spectergear.com

https://www.spectergear.com/ProductD...Code=SG%2D1324

It was easy to install and is fairly unobtrusive to manipulate the gun while mounted. Due to some grip restrictions, they chose to make the carrier for 20 rounds vs. the standard 30 round magazines. As they quote: having twenty extra rounds on the gun is twenty times better than zero rounds. I agree. It's a perfect addition to a "grab and go" firearm.

Since I haven't used it with live ammunition at the range yet, I guess the testing really isn't complete. But I did a number of practice reloads using both USGI straight mags and the straight Magpul mags. I did it with both loaded and unloaded magazines, taking care to not chamber a round after the reloads. Both fit the pouch easily and are easy to draw. Since I have a small gun safe, I have taken to storing the gun muzzle down on a thick sponge to create some extra room.

The current price is $39.95 but I was able to get it on sale for $31.95 and they seem to have fairly frequent sales, so keep an eye out. I have three of their two point slings that I also previously bought on sale and I'm also very pleased with them.

I thought I had read that their products were made in America but I was not able to confirm that.