Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Moving to Florida

Welp, I am down here now after a last minute move. Had to be out of my place in Pa by June 1st and left on the 30th of May. Lived in my Chester County rental home for 29 years and was informed they were going to rentavate the place and GTFO. Month to month but had one raise in rent that bumped it up to $750 per month. That's right, $750 a month for a 900sq ft two bedroom apmt. Bought a manufactered home but had to downsize because of all that I accumulated over 29 years. 30 yard dumpster was full to the brim of stuff I could not move but had lots of help from family and friends as I have two bad hips and could never have pulled it off myself. Sold some guns, silver and ammo that gave me a nice cash boost until I get set up here.
    Today was 98 degrees with real feel of 108. Yup, that's really humid but expecting rain the next 4 days to break the drought. The people are super friendly here and mostly conserative so I got that going for me. Been carrying my Shield in a Desantis pocket holster that doesn't print at all so may ride my ltcf for the near future. I will miss the change of seasons in Pa but am already getting used to the heat. You can always go inside somewhefe to cool off because EVERYTHING is air conditioned here.
    Will definately keep in touch with Poofa as it has no bounds.

(Berks County)

Sorry to hear of that sudden change, that would suck. Glad to hear it went as well as it did for you. Good luck down there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Welp, I am down here now after a last minute move. Had to be out of my place in Pa by June 1st and left on the 30th of May. Lived in my Chester County rental home for 29 years and was informed they were going to rentavate the place and GTFO. Month to month but had one raise in rent that bumped it up to $750 per month. That's right, $750 a month for a 900sq ft two bedroom apmt. Bought a manufactered home but had to downsize because of all that I accumulated over 29 years. 30 yard dumpster was full to the brim of stuff I could not move but had lots of help from family and friends as I have two bad hips and could never have pulled it off myself. Sold some guns, silver and ammo that gave me a nice cash boost until I get set up here.
    Today was 98 degrees with real feel of 108. Yup, that's really humid but expecting rain the next 4 days to break the drought. The people are super friendly here and mostly conserative so I got that going for me. Been carrying my Shield in a Desantis pocket holster that doesn't print at all so may ride my ltcf for the near future. I will miss the change of seasons in Pa but am already getting used to the heat. You can always go inside somewhefe to cool off because EVERYTHING is air conditioned here.
    Good luck with the move, Knightshift. Whereabouts in FL are you?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Good luck with the move, Knightshift. Whereabouts in FL are you?
    Lady Lake but not in the Villages.

(Fayette County)

Been carrying my Shield in a Desantis pocket holster....
    Is this a secret sign of allegiance to your governor? Or maybe you have the Nemesis!

Best wishes to you in your new home state!

(Chester County)

Welcome aboard! I am down in Grady Judd land (Polk County).
    For the record I think SEPA is way more humid than central Florida, but Florida is definitely more hot. Summer can be brutal but winter is awesome.
    You, like me are in a conservative area but this is still an evenly divided state much like PA (swing state). We just have a little less 2a bullshit to deal with as the left down here aren't anywhere near as aggressive as they are up north when it comes to gun control (but they still try).

I am pretty sure after a while you will come to realize it is the food that you will miss about PA the most.
    Florida has no idea what a super market should be.
    Also forget buying 30-racks, 24 is the most folks sell. LOL
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

Port Charlotte Florida, Love them Blue Claw Crabs at Peace River Seafood ! Don't like the 98/105 real feel temps.

(Cumberland County)

Welcome to my dad*s neighborhood. I*ll be down in the next month or so. Pop wants to do a road trip so I*m gonna be the chauffeur. This next item is a big secret. If you like wings you have to go to county line bar and grille. They smoke them and have a killer bourbon sauce on the list. I time my flights in to allow for a lunch stop. Btw he*s in water oak, nice people and a newly redone golf coarse. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    You like the heat? I was told the other day that the northern tip of fl is a lot less obscene than the south.
    Just the tip

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234