Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Common Sense from Kucinich

Yeah, I know, his stance on guns is horrendous but he can talk common sense.

http://kucinich.house.gov/News/Docum...umentID=153461

Kucinich: Why is it we have Finite Resources for Health Care but Unlimited Money for War?

Washington, Nov 6 -

Following a statement on the Floor of the House of Representative, Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) today made the following statement:

“Why is it we have finite resources for health care but unlimited money for war?

“The inequities in our economy are piling up: trillions for war, trillions for Wall Street and tens of billions for the insurance companies. Banks and other corporations are sitting on piles of cash of taxpayer’s money while firing workers, cutting pay and denying small businesses money to survive.

“People are losing their homes, their jobs, their health, their investments, their retirement security; yet there is unlimited money for war, Wall Street and insurance companies, but very little money for jobs on Main Street.

“Unlimited money to blow up things in Iraq and Afghanistan, and relatively little money to build things in the US.

“The Administration may soon bring to Congress a request for an additional $50 billion for war. I can tell you that a Democratic version of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is no more acceptable than a Republican version of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“Trillions for war and Wall Street, billions for insurance companies... When we were promised change, we weren’t thinking that we give a dollar and get back two cents.”

EDIT: Usual phillyd2 disclaimer: The phrase "but war is still good" is attached to the end of everyone's statement that doesn't advocate a pro war opinion.
    Last edited by buster2209; November 7th, 2009 at 12:04 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Common Sense from Kucinich

How do you figure common sense? Besides being a flake he would spend even more of our money but just on different things. At least wars end...at some point...but .gov entitlement programs last forever and a day.

Usual limey disclaimer: the above was not an attack just a different point of view.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    How do you figure common sense? Besides being a flake he would spend even more of our money but just on different things. At least wars end...at some point...but .gov entitlement programs last forever and a day.
    I don't agree with most of the crap that the Government does but, if we HAD to choose what to spend the tax payers money on given the choice of the bailouts propping up failed institutions or the failed wars in the Middle East over a health care system for all, I would pick the latter because a country is only as strong as it's people.

I placed a thread earlier this week somewhat related to this

The wars in the Middle East will end when the Fed is (openly) bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Usual limey disclaimer: the above was not an attack just a different point of view.
    Indeed
    Last edited by buster2209; November 7th, 2009 at 11:57 AM.

(Chester County)

The Federal government has a duty to protect our shores, it does not have a duty to provide health care.

There was a day that we allowed churches and charity to fill the voids left by our government. Today our government has tried to take on the jobs of both of the above...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    The Federal government has a duty to protect our shores, it does not have a duty to provide health care.

There was a day that we allowed churches and charity to fill the voids left by our government. Today our government has tried to take on the jobs of both of the above...
    The welfare/warfare state.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by buster2209 View Post
    I read the link, but I am not sure of the connection. I think you are drawing a parallel to people watching but not helping... The only problem is that America as a nation is more charitable than the rest of the world combined.

People sometimes miss the fact that there are times when "war" is a necessary evil. There are many times that great things come from war and fighting those who oppress simple human rights. Ask the female population of A-Stan what they think of Americas intervention in removing the Taliban from power.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    I read the link, but I am not sure of the connection. I think you are drawing a parallel to people watching but not helping... The only problem is that America as a nation is more charitable than the rest of the world combined.

People sometimes miss the fact that there are times when "war" is a necessary evil. There are many times that great things come from war and fighting those who oppress simple human rights. Ask the female population of A-Stan what they think of Americas intervention in removing the Taliban from power.
    America, much like Britain, could be classed as a welfare/warfare state. Many people are on welfare, or at warfare. It's just an observation. And no, NOT everybody is in the military or on welfare, but it's growing by the day.

http://chattahbox.com/us/2009/11/03/...n-food-stamps/

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...yN9UW7w0EhDzEQ'

And the Afghan thing, I don't have the time or patience to get involved in that debate again.

You believe being there is right, I believe it's wrong.

(Luzerne County)

They have ZERO dollars for health care because fedgov has no authority to control health care in the first place. Regardless how loud the sheeple scream for it.

As for welfare, yet another program the fedgov has no authority to be involved in.
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; November 7th, 2009 at 12:42 PM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    They have ZERO dollars for health care because fedgov has no authority to control health care in the first place. Regardless how loud the sheeple scream for it.
    Agreed, hence why I put the word 'had' in capitals, underlined, and bolded.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by buster2209 View Post

You believe being there is right
    I believe it is right to destroy and topple a government that gives safe haven and training grounds for those who want to murder innocent American citizens, many who are women and children and have nothing to do with our government or its policies, under the guise of "holy war".

If they want to attack our government or military that is a different story and they will suffer the consequences that come with their decision.

If you remember under Clinton we tried peaceful talk after they BOMBED the WTC the first time.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast