Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: ffl

(Philadelphia County)

Default ffl

Hey guys and gals can you help me out?...Where is the cheapest place to do a ffl transfer ?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: ffl

From my experience, that would be Advanced Arms, although they're in Luzerne county. The difference seems to be $10-$15 at most, so if you're coming from Philly, it's not necessarily worth the additional fuel to go there, plus getting there might be a little hard for someone not used to the area.

It would make more of a difference of where in Lackawanna county you're going to. If you're going Tunkhannok/Clarks Summit area M&B's would be the best from what I've heard. In Scranton, One Stop Sporting shop (more of a fishing shop, but they have an FFL) is going to be your best bet unless Bill's sporting goods is open again, but I'm pretty sure the price is even at the two shops, so it would depend on the area of Scranton. Moosi/Avoca/Old Forge/Taylor, go to Advanced Arms in Pittston, I find it really hard to walk out of there without spending a bunch of money, but they're the cheapest transfer I know of. Dickson City to Mayfield either Gun Toters Supply or Carbondale Guns (located in Eynon) would be your best bet, but the owners of both have reputations of being dicks (for lack of better word). I'm pretty sure there's a gun shop in Forest City, which would cover down to the Carbondale area, but I can't remember the name of it, I just remember that it's near the Family Dollar.

(Lackawanna County)

Don't forget the guy on Main Street (across from the Post Office) in Honesdale, either; he charges a couple more dollars than the 'cheapest' places, but you don't have a 40-mile round trip to get down to Eynon then, either.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Don't forget the guy on Main Street (across from the Post Office) in Honesdale, either; he charges a couple more dollars than the 'cheapest' places, but you don't have a 40-mile round trip to get down to Eynon then, either.
    Well, if you're going to count Wayne county, don't forget Heberling's in Prompton right off of route 6 by the post office.