Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default i hate possums... but got one for the team tonight!

Let me start off by telling you how much i hate possums. I really hate the little f-ing buggers. My wife does not care for them and neither does my father in law. We tonight i got my bigest one yet.

For several evenings in a row now this little bugger has been getting into my trash. This evening i heard a noise on my front porch and went out with the pellet rifle to investigate (so as to be kind to the neighbors). What to my wondering eyes did appear but none other that the biggest f-ing possum i have ever seen. This thing was the size of my cocker spaniel. With it being to dark on my front porch to use my scope i was forced to point shoot. With my best effort at point shooting. with a $20 tool sale pellet rifle, i got him. In stead of playing possum like just about every other possum i have seen he made his way to a corner and proceeded to hiss at me. After a heated stand off and some prodding with a 2X4 the possum tried to make a run for it. I said to my self "like hell you are" with nothing but i 2X4 lets just say i stopped him...

Oh the small victories in life

(Monroe County)

Default Re: i hate possums... but got one for the team tonight!

haha brutal. should hang its head on a pike to let the other opossums know whats up.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Greene County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    haha brutal. should hang its head on a pike to let the other opossums know whats up.
    +1 on the opossum head on a spike.

If nothing else, it'll keep the JWs away
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. - Samuel Adams

I had a similar possum problem a couple weeks back, I ended up shooting the thing 4times w/ a 22, 3 of the rounds just about went in the same hole in the things head and it was still freaking out and hissing at me(really made me go hmmm to the .22 is better than nothing crowd, but thats for a diff thread).

He didn't have much to say after the g29 came out to play.

(Monroe County)

I wasn't sure how my small victory would be received... Anyway while we were still dating my wife and i were driving at night and there was a possum on the side of the road. She said "oo oo a possum hit!" Me being a responsible boyfriend did just that. She then replied " I cant believe you hit a possum for me"

(Dauphin County)

i deffinate triumph !!!

nothign like killing an animal the way caveman did it...

on ya your ol' lady is a keeper btw lol
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Monroe County)

After I bagged the critter I went in and woke up my wife and asked if i should call her dad to let him know. Some back story to why i should call her dad. A few years ago it was the night before buck season and there was a possum outside in the trash. We were at the dinner table talking about our strategies for the next day when we noticed it. It being the night before deer season and all we did not want to be accused of poaching firing a gun at night. (the 410 being the typical trash can intruder gun). My father in law did not even break his stride and grabbed an adjustable end wrench and went to town on the possum. For Christmas that year i got him an adjustable wrench with a rubberized no-slip grip as a gag gift.

My father in law taught me how to hunt, and how to disposed of varmints in a quiet polite manor. What a guy. I'm still trying to figure out what i am to learn from my mother in law.....

(Dauphin County)

lmao at the wrench.. perfect..

as far as the mother in law thats what yoru wife will look like at that age , thats about it lol
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Perry County)

Quiet is good. I had one at the end of my driveway on my way to work a couple of weeks ago. I stopped the truck and it just looked at me and starting hissing. I grabbed my BUG, a Glock 39 and sent one from inside the truck. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! My ears were ringing for an entire day. I'm sure I lost a good 10% of my hearing. On the plus side, it lost 100% of its hearing.

(Monroe County)

Yeah shooting from inside a car can be surprising even with ear protecting. Although its not as bad as firing an AR out of a camper trailer... Oh the things you get to do at an IDPA match... Its fun seeing the reactions from the people i eat lunch with at work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast