Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Thumbs down 32 years ago today

This day is history (January 21, 1977), 32 years ago today was Jimmy ("the peanutman") Carter's first full day in office. President Carter used his power to issue a "Slap in face" to every US service member who served this country in an honorable manner by an unconditional amnesty for the Vietnam War Era draft dodgers.

As a draftee and multi-tour Nam veteran, I will never forget/nor forgive the treatment we "baby killers" received when returning to the states; I will never forget/nor forgive "Hanoi Jane" Fonda; I will never forget/nor forgive President Carter who IMHO was the sorriest excuse for a President ever.

oracle
    Last edited by MOUNTAINORACLE; January 21st, 2009 at 09:06 PM.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 32 years ago today

Welcome home Brother and thank you for your service.To Hell with carter,fonda and the rest of them.tom.
    N.R.A LIFE MEMBER GOA annual member

can you link some of the policy, media, and rhetoric you are talking about? thank you for your service.

OG.

(Montgomery County)

The stories my father told me when he came home from Vietnam made me sick!

The guy I would like 5 minutes in a locked room with is..Kris Kristofferson.

(Lehigh County)

The guy I would like 5 minutes in a locked room with is..Kris Kristofferson.
    Why is that?
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Delaware County)

I agree with ya. Every soldier should have the respect from every American because you did what others did not want to do. All those tree huggin,rights people should know what it's like to stand up for this country before they speak out against others.

That was a period that I hope never to see again. The scary thing is that those people now teach your children, hold public office and run your world.
    For those not around in those days home loans were in the upper teens. It makes me puke when the peanut guy talks about current events like he has a clue.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Lackawanna County)

Thank you for your service, MO!

That is one thing I wish that The History Channel or A&E or someone would do.

I LOVE watching documentaries (I just watched John Wilkes Booth last night http://www.history.com/content/civil...n-wilkes-booth).

I've seen PLENTY of Vietnam documentaries.......but I want to see one portraying the dark side of America and how we treated our brave young men and women who served...whether willingly or not.

My employer has a particularly high percentage of Vietnam Vets and it is very sad how our troops were treated when they returned home. Not just how they were received upon arrival home.....but how their once comforting neighborhood sometimes turned their backs.....how tough it was to find employment because of your Vet status....the lack of sufficient medical care.....how it all conspired to deteriorate the consciences of good men and women and crumbling their self-worth.

Our servicemen and women were wronged.
    I'd like to see a brutally honest, non ‘touched-up’ account of how America treated our Vets.

I think it was THAT poor social attitude that evolved and help inspire Harry Chapin's "The Night that Made America Famous"
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Berks County)

I had the dubious distinction of going to boot on 10/28/76 days before Carter won the election. I can never consider him to be anything more than the WORST president in the history of this nation, bar none. To all my older brothers who served in Viet Nam, thank you and know that some of us respect what you've done for all of us.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    This day is history (January 21, 1977), 32 years ago today was Jimmy ("the peanutman") Carter's first full day in office. President Carter used his power to issue a "Slap in face" to every US service member who served this country in an honorable manner by an unconditional amnesty for the Vietnam War Era draft dodgers.

As a draftee and multi-tour Nam veteran, I will never forget/nor forgive the treatment we "baby killers" received when returning to the states; I will never forget/nor forgive "Hanoi Jane" Fonda; I will never forget/nor forgive President Carter who IMHO was the sorriest excuse for a President ever.

oracle
    Amen brother , but we survived all their vile insults as well as the war . Guess in a way they made us stronger .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast